1. Last week, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I took a walk around a local park on a particularly gorgeous day. The sun was bright and warm, and the trees looked like a Bob Ross masterpiece. We’re still enjoying crazy warm temperatures here (it was in the low-80’s yesterday!), but apparently Frankenstorm is approaching, which means that by next week, the weather will look like this…
Halloween snow hasn’t happened since I was a kid. I’ve loved summer, but I will never, ever turn down a good snow storm! Bring on the flakes!
2. I now have three hockey classes under my belt, and I’m loving it more and more each week. It’s definitely hard, but is so much fun. We do a lot of skating drills, and the last two weeks we have started to learn puck handling and passing. I’ve learned that if you fall on the ice it doesn’t hurt one bit thanks to the padded equipment… until approximately 1pm the next day, that is. Then you feel it.
3. Confession: I don’t like goat cheese. I keep trying it over and over again, thinking that at some point it will just “click” with my taste buds. It’s not happening, I still don’t like it. I hope we can still be friends.
4. Have you seen this Dog’s Diary vs. Cat’s Diary? Absolutely hysterical… so spot on, and the cat’s entry makes me laugh so hard I cry!
5. As many of you know, I am a HUGE fan of soft pretzels. I eat them at pretty much every sporting event and concert that I go to. Twice now, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I have ordered them off of an appetizer menu at a restaurant only to have them arrive at the table… deep fried. Now, I appreciate a good ol’ deep fry when it comes to many, many things. However, I have learned that soft pretzels are not one of them. I never thought the day would come when I thought something deep fried was a bad idea.
6. Every once in a while, I crave a good old-fashioned fast food burger and fries with a Diet Coke. I really wish, however, that the combo meal could be customizable so that I could get, say, a medium-sized drink with a small fry. I always want the larger drink, so I end up with the larger size fry. Which I eat, naturally. Lately, I’ve been craving Arby’s curly fries. I love those things!
7. Total disclosure: I am not at all a fan of hunting. I love animals and to think of them harmed in any way makes me incredibly sad (just ask my Chief Culinary Consultant, who is subjected to my weeping anytime an animal dies in a movie). That being said, I found this commercial so insanely funny last year around the holidays, and it popped into my head a few days ago, so I had to look it up on YouTube.
“That sweater’s messed up.” HA!
8. If you have curly hair and have not yet tried Ouidad products, run to the nearest retailer that carries them. Awhile back, I saw Bridget mention them and checked them out. I have learned to love my curls after spending an entire childhood hating them, but have always struggled to find the right styling products. I have fallen in love with Ouidad – you can find the right products for you based on hair texture, length, type of curl, etc. Definitely give them a try if you have curly hair! (Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Ouidad, I just genuinely love their products and wanted to share my recommendation with you.)
9. I’m a total party pooper when it comes to Halloween. I’ll eat the candy, but please don’t make me do the costume thing. I just can’t get into it. Anyone else?
10. TGIF! Remember, sharing is caring…