1. I’m totally biased, but I think that this might be the best baby picture in the history of baby pictures. My husband snapped this last weekend and I can’t stop staring at it. This week has been especially fun with Joseph – he’s starting to mimic our sounds, so when we say “hello” he concentrates for a second, opens his mouth, and then attempts to replicate the same noise. If my husband vibrates his lips like a motor boat, Joseph tries to do the same thing then breaks out in a huge smile. It’s awesome to watch; I love watching this little man discover new things.
2. Yesterday I went shopping for a dress to wear to Joseph’s baptism. Apparently, this season’s dress style is fitted at the waist, then puckered out. So not the type of style that flatters a new mom’s drastically transformed waistline. Or your average, run-of-the-mill, pear-shaped short girl. Thank goodness Loft came through with a very simple black v-neck fit and flare dress. Crisis averted.
3. Earlier this week, I dropped The Joy of Cooking on my foot. It was quite the opposite of joyful. I had flashbacks to spending the September and October of fourth grade in a cast with a broken foot. Luckily, the cookbook didn’t take out my foot for a second time.
4. I love this 21 Things That Happened on Friends That Would Baffle Kids Today – it makes me feel old and already nostalgic for a less hectic, more simplistic time. Plus, that show was pretty much my whole life in high school… I still get warm fuzzies thinking about Rachel sitting at the window and hearing U2 in the background.
5. This Baking Pan Conversion Chart is everything you’ll ever need for scaling a recipe or troubleshooting when you don’t have the size pan a particular recipe calls for! (h/t Allrecipes.com)
6. Remember those adult coloring books that I told you about a couple of weeks ago? My sister bought them for me for my birthday! I’m so excited to break them out and start coloring!
7. We’re on to season four of 24 and while it’s good, I’m missing a lot of the characters from the earlier seasons. The new ones haven’t really grown on me yet, but I love watching Jack Bauer kick butt.
8. I’m getting a haircut tomorrow and I am ecstatic to say the least. It hasn’t been trimmed since early November and it hasn’t been colored since before I got pregnant, so it’s been over a year now. To say that I’m overdue would be the ultimate understatement. I’m excited to get freshened up.
9. What do you have planned for the Easter holiday? We’re going to be spending it at my mom’s with a ton of family and my in-laws. I can’t wait to put together Joseph’s first Easter basket!
10. TGIF! Duke wants to know if you’ll play with him?