1. Big news this week… Joseph rolled over for the first time yesterday!! He’s been close for awhile – rocking on his chest and leaning on his side, but yesterday he finally got the whole way over from his belly to his back. Oh my goodness, I was so excited, I started clapping and I think I hurt my face from my massive smile. I couldn’t get him to do it again, but I’m going to be armed with my phone so I can get a video next time :)
2. Thank you so much for all of the sweet Mother’s Day wishes last week! I had a wonderful first Mother’s Day with my boys – Joseph slept in, my husband made breakfast, and I didn’t have to wash a single dish or bottle all day!
3. So, we took the plunge and splurged on a Roomba for the first floor of our house… it’s currently charging in its “home base” getting ready for its first cleaning cycle. We learned quickly that with two shedding Golden Retrievers and all hardwood and tile floors, there is absolutely nowhere for that hair to hide. We’ve been needing to vacuum every other day at the least, and that is just… ugh. Hoping that the Roomba lives up to all of the reviews I read!
4. I did a very grown up thing yesterday and put together a backup plan for my computer, cloud, external hard drives, etc. It made me feel like a responsible adult, and I can forget about fretting over lost data or documents. Phew!
5. I’ve mentioned no less than a gazillion times on recipe posts that growing up, we always had Sunday dinners at my grandma’s house. My husband also had a Sunday dinner tradition at his grandma’s house and we’ve talked a lot about how much we both loved those memories. We decided to revive the tradition now that we have Joseph; we are going to do Sunday dinners at our house each week, with an open invitation to our families. SO excited for this!
6. I love these Zodiac prints on Etsy!
7. Are you going on vacation this summer? I think we’re staying put this year since we have a new baby and new house, so tell me where you’re going!
8. Thank you so much for all of your suggestions for shopping for bar stools and rugs. We still haven’t purchased a rug yet, but we did find amazing bar stools that look awesome in the kitchen… we bought them at Pool City, which is a local Pittsburgh chain. My husband finished assembling them late yesterday, so as soon as I get a good daytime pictures of them, I will share!
9. I’m exploring some different ideas for the site and am wondering what your thoughts are on video segments – I’d love your feedback! Would videos be something that you’d like to see? If so, would you want actual recipe videos, or videos of specific techniques like frosting cupcakes, making candy, etc.? Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!
10. TGIF! Duke and Einstein are finding all sorts of new sun spots! (and you can see why we need to get a handle on the hair situation!)