1. This little guy has been crawling all over the place; it’s been two weeks since he made his first few awkward crawling attempts and he’s definitely a pro now. If you turn your head for one second he’ll be in the next room. He loves crawling into the kitchen and attempting to open the refrigerator, as well as pulling himself up on everything he can get his hands on. It’s so fun to see him doing new things and exploring everything!
2. My husband discovered BatDad this past weekend and I kept waffling between thinking it was funny and feeling sorry for his wife ;-)
3. This Guide to Dairy Substitutes is a great resource for those that often need to make substitutions.
4. A friend on Facebook shared this link to 31 Crockpot Freezer Meals and I’m totally inspired to get some of these assembled and into the freezer for easy dinners.
5. This Extensive Guide to Pasta Shapes is as comprehensive as it gets! I’ve never heard of a lot of these!
6. My husband and I have a standard pizza order – pepperoni. However, last Friday, we got a pepperoni and sausage pizza and it might have actually been the best pizza I’ve ever had. I think our standard order is officially changed.
7. It dawned on me a couple of days ago that I haven’t made a batch of chocolate chip cookies since before I had Joseph, when I was stocking my freezer with food. How is that even possible?! This is a situation that needs to be remedied immediately.
8. In addition to a regular fantasy football league, I’ve also been in a survivor/elimination league the last few years (you pick one team each week to win, but once you pick them, you can’t use them again for the rest of the season). It’s totally addicting, but so demoralizing to get bounced in the first couple of weeks, like I did last year. I’m hoping for a long run this season!
9. We’ve been watching House of Cards and got re-sucked in after the second episode of Season 3 and all of a sudden, the season is over! What?! Not enough episodes!
10. TGIF! Duke and Einstein are freshly groomed this week and extra snuggly at bedtime :)
Hey, remember how you posted last week about Trendsend? Well, I ordered a box and got it today and was outrageously disappointed. They sent me about 12 things and it seemed like they didn’t even look at my preferences. I wanted to love it, but I didn’t even keep one thing. It was really disappointing. I prefer StitchFix.
Hi Racheal, Ahhh that stinks, such a bummer! Thanks for the review! I still haven’t finished filling out my profile yet!
Joseph is adorable. I look forward to his picture every Friday. I love to make crockpot meals but almost always the lid jiggles from the steam so there is not as much sauce as there should be. I have two different brands of crockpots and both do the same thing. I am not opposed to buying a new one if there is a brand that would not do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Carol, Hmm, I’ve not experience the jiggling lid problem. I use Crock-Pot slow cookers… I know at least two of their models have locks on the lid so they can be transported without spilling, but I imagine this would take care of your problem, too!
Joseph was definitely on a mission in this weeks picture…lol…he is adorable! Thanks for the links for the pasta shapes and for the crockpot freezer meals. I’ll definitely be using them!
Batdad is awesome!! We watched/listened to him on the car last weekend. His videos made the 1 1/2 hours to go 40 miles much more bearable! I’ll be stocking up on the crock pot freezer meals this weekend. Yum!
Your little guy is too adorable for words! The expression on his face is price less!
I love that you always post a picture of your beautiful dogs!
Appreciate all the info you included…esp. the crockpot freezer meals!
Try adding some Marshmellow Fluff to the Chocolate Cookies. It thins the cookie out but it adds a nice flavor to them.
Your son and your doggies are just too cute! Thank you so much for including my guide to dairy substitutes! Have a great weekend! :)
hi. your son is adorable! some time you must try pepperoni and hot banana pepper rings – so good!!
Happy Friday Michelle! Even though it was only a 4 day week, it seems like it took forever to get to Friday so TGIF!!! Joseph is just so adorable! By the look of that half grin on his face I am thinking he had a mission on his mind, something he was going to get into or somewhere he was going to investigate. Maybe even a dog tail to grab, LOL! Speaking of chocolate chip cookies, have you tried Chik-Fil-A’s chocolate chip cookies? They are the best I’ve ever had! I would love to figure out exactly what they’ve added to make them taste so yummy! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for the freezer meals link! I’m definitely going to try many of them. And, I just watched a bunch of the BatDad videos. Why did I find them so funny?! Thanks for the laugh. And yes, his poor wife ?.
SOOOO ready for all the crock pot meals! love the articles!!
What definitely caught my attention this Friday is your pasta shapes guide and the crock pot freezer meals. The beef with banana peppers looks especially delicious. Great finds and thanks for posting both. Joseph’s picture this week is a good “caption this” photo :) He. Is. Adorable. And I just have to say there is nothing like a freshly groomed Golden . . . well, maybe there is . . . TWO freshly groomed Goldens :D Have a great weekend!
I have never heard of that type of Fantasy Football league…. huh… I actually have joined my first work league this year. We shall see how this goes! Good luck!
What an adorable little man!! Makes me miss our grandsons and the littlest one so much. Seeing them tomorrow so that will be good. Have a great weekend.
It’s the pasta shape article that got my attention. My daughter came home on her first day of kindergarten with her first fundraising packet……pasta shapes in every unreal shape. Had me laughing. I got a feeling I will be buying lots of pasta and crappy wrapping paper this year (and candles.) oh well.
Two words: skillet cookie. I have been baking the one http://acozykitchen.com/dark-chocolate-skillet-cookie/ for a while now and it is awesome. All of the cookieness but none of the shuffling of cookie sheets and spooning out dough. Try it!