1. Joseph is 19 months old today! He still only says a handful of words, but his attempt to say new things is so adorable. He’ll spend a day making the same sound over and over, and we can’t figure out what it is, but I love that he’s trying harder to communicate. He also calls Cheerios “yo-yo’s” which might be the most adorable thing, ever.
2. We are now at T-minus less than 7 weeks until my due date. HOW did that happen so quickly?! I feel like this pregnancy has gone crazy fast compared to when I was pregnant with Joseph, probably because my days are consumed with chasing after a toddler! We have our crib and dresser and I’m working on getting the new nursery ready. I found some leftover size one diapers and oh my gosh, I couldn’t believe how tiny!! Now that Joseph is running, climbing and being a wild man, I forgot how absolutely teeny tiny he was!
3. The last time I went to the grocery store, they had an entire display of mums outside (and Hatch chiles inside!). Two signs that fall is almost here. CANNOT WAIT.
4. So, I’m not sure if this is a regional thing, but I saw some friends talking on Facebook about how schools don’t teach cursive anymore. I was totally stunned! Like, kids don’t know how to actually sign their name, as in an actual signature. One friend is actually teaching her kids cursive at home. This is beyond nuts to me! I know so much is digital nowadays, but I just figured that was like a basic skill.
5. Since Instagram has rolled out Instagram stories, it totally means that I don’t actually have to figure out Snapchat, right?! (Please say yes.)
6. I went to college in the late ’90s and we decorated our dorm rooms with um, Christmas lights and lava lamps. Nothing like this. Plus, I don’t think I’ve ever been stylish enough to pull something like that off!
7. I looked at the 10-day forecast on my phone and there are multiple days in a row with highs in the 70’s! Finally! Relief from the disgusting heat and humidity.
8. Speaking of cooler weather, am I the only one who’s kind of, sort of excited for the holidays to roll around? I’m just ready to be all hunkered down and cozy for a few months.
9. You may remember me talking about the comfort dogs in the past – they are a Lutheran Church charity that trains Golden Retrievers as therapy dogs that are then deployed all over the country when disaster strikes, like tornadoes, flooding, mass shootings. My husband and I have supported their organization for years and were heartbroken to hear that a van with church members and two dogs were hit by gunfire last weekend. Luckily, it seems that everyone will be okay, but so sad :(
10. TGIF! Best friends :)