1. Joseph came down with a bad cold on Sunday (after we read through our Steelers ABC book, ha!) and then promptly shared it with my husband and I, ugh! Luckily, however, it seems to be quick-moving, as I got a sore throat on Monday night and was already feeling better yesterday.
In other news, I picked up a ton of new clothes for him for fall and winter and learned from my summer clothes debacle… instead of buying the size that fits him perfectly now, I went one size up so he’ll be good to wear them through the entire season (it’s still chilly here in March!) instead of having to restock everything in two months. I’m slowly getting the hang of this mom thing, ha!
2. Can you believe that I am due on TUESDAY?! As in, like, four days from now. Insanity. Maybe it’s because I’m consumed with chasing after a toddler, but I feel like I’m way more la-di-da about it this time around. Like, there really isn’t even time for me to think about it or play the waiting game – there are plenty of other things that need my attention! Any guesses on when this baby is going to decide to show up??
3. A quick note on my pregnancy carpal tunnel… about a month ago, my husband was at a chiropractor appointment and was telling him how painful my carpal tunnel was at night. Braces weren’t helping, exercises weren’t helping, and I spent many nights in the wee hours in tears because it as so painful. He recommended trying a vitamin B6 supplement, so I did (after checking with my doctor). It took about a week or so, but my gosh, the difference is astounding. I still get some sporadic numbness and tingling during the day, but the pain is GONE. I can type and write without stopping to shake my hands every few minutes, which I was doing before. Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else is having the same issue… Of course, disclaimer, I’m not a doctor, you should check with yours before you take something, etc. but I just can’t believe the difference it made. Such a lifesaver for my sanity!
4. This video of a guy painting with basically just his hands is astounding!
5. Did you see that Mark Bittman is releasing a new book? – How to Bake Everything. I love his stuff and can’t wait to get my hand son it!
6. If you have an iPhone, did you upgrade to the new iOS yet? Can we talk about how awesome the gif library is?! But also, I just cannot get used to NOT swiping to unlock the phone. Old habits die hard.
7. I’ve been seeing house and kitchen remodels pop up all over the place – I am totally drooling over Sally’s and Maria’s new kitchens!
8. Totally saving these infused water combinations – such a great way to change up plain old water, plus it reminds me of being at a spa!
9. This is going to sound like a totally bratty first world complaint, BUT… our house is extremely well insulated, which I love, love, love EXCEPT when it rains. You can’t hear the rain! Unless it’s a total wreck of a storm and it’s raining sideways, the only place you can hear it is in our walk-in closet, which, you know, we really don’t hang out in. I totally miss the pitter patter of raindrops when we get a good downpour. /rantover
10. TGIF! I hope your weekend is full of lovely views!
http://buy-provigil.bid/ provigil reviews
I enjoy reading your blog and making your recipes. I have made countless recipes that you post and they all have been delicious. I live in Georgia but we are major Steeler fans. I have a 5 month old and did not know about the Steelers ABC book. I just purchased one from ebay and cannot wait to surprise my husband. I know he will be more exited than the baby :) Congratulations on the baby!! ( I am assuming you had it yesterday since you did not post) Thank you for your blog!!!
That’s really interesting about the B6 helping with your carpal tunnel. I also have bad carpal tunnel during my pregnancies, and it usually takes 5 – 6 months for mine to go away after delivery. If I ever am pregnant again (we have 6 children!), I’ll have to remember to ask my doctor about it! Thank you for the tip!
I also have been missing a few posts, but I was happy to see them on today’s post. I, too, had assumed you were off havinv ghe baby! I’m thinking all of the excitement for todays BBQ may be instrumental in the new baby appearing tomorrow. Can’t wait to see Joseph’s reaction. Love the pics of Duke every week, but so. so miss Einstein! Sold my house a couple of years and now live in a first-floor apartment. Really miss the rain falling but occasionally hear it. Nothing like it. Best of luck to you all and will await the next news!
I’m with lots of folks, I guess. I figured baby had arrived since I hadn’t gotten emails. Love you posts and photography! That tail swish Duke has going this week is great!
Can’t wait to see baby pics! And especially the sweet pics on big brother and his new best buddy. I’m with several others, I haven’t received an email since early last week about your new posts. Good luck with everything, you’re in our prayers.
I also didn’t get the last few emails just so you know. I came to the sight looking for baby news since I didn’t get my usual Email. Also, best wishes for a safe delivery.
I like the 10/6/16 ‘birthdate’. Hope everything goes smoothly when he decides to make his entrance!
Also didn’t get my last few email posts. Came looking for a bread recipe. Mmmmm.
Wow, you are having a vag birth? I just assumed that you’d have another c-section. I thought the whole v-bac thing had gone out of style. Anyway, since Joey was late, I’m going to say 10/10.
Hi Michelle, I didn’t get my Friday Things email today…which happens from time to time. Just letting you know. Best wishes for a safe delivery! Hope your new addition arrives “on time” and doesn’t make you wait too long to meet him!
I had HORRIBLE carpal tunnel syndrome that I attributed to sitting in front of a computer for 25 yrs…long story short, one day I was having a neck massage and the lady was like ‘you have a vertebra out…’ so off I go to the chiropractor…he put that one back in line (right around the middle of my neck) and suddenly; NO MORE WRIST PAIN! so if you want to ck into that it might behoove you….
good luck with the delivery and congratulations!
Oh wow, that’s crazy!! I’m 99.9% sure it’s attributed to pregnancy since I don’t have it any other time, it happened with my last pregnancy and 2 days after delivering it magically disappeared just as quickly as it had showed up!
You can listen to rainfall for an hour with this youtube. Next time it rains, just turn up the volume. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4VFLY8nT-U
Thanks for the B6 info. I also shake my hands for what I presume is carpal tunnel. Going to try B6. Glad you’re feeling better. Can’t wait for baby pix. I think 10/6/16 would be a good “birth day” – 10+6=16.
I like your math!!
For the rain, it seems counterintuitive but crack a window near you just an inch or so. It’s enough to let the sound in and not the actual water. That’s what we do at my house and it’s so nice!
A friend shared this on FB, maybe it will help you with iPhone issue:
Re #6 – set up the phone to required finger print (I set my to both thumbs). Just putting your fingerprint on the home opens it. After fighting with the missing swipe for days – putting in the fingerprint allowed a quick transition after that.
Thanks for the tip!
Re #9, I also love the sound of rain, totally understand! Best of luck to you & your family, for your soon-to-be new little one!