1. Dominic had his 1-month checkup this week and he’s growing like a weed! He gained a whopping 13 ounces since his last weight check 15 days prior, and has grown 2 inches since birth. He’s already too long for most of his newborn sleepers and pants. I guess it’s already time to bust out the 3-month clothes!
2. Daylight savings time really threw Joseph for a loop this year. I was wholly unprepared for any issues because last year it wasn’t an issue at all – he got up maybe a half hour earlier for a couple of days and then was back to his normal wake-up time. THIS year, however, was a totally different story. He had been waking up between 7:00 and 7:30 for months now; on Sunday and Monday mornings, he woke up, wide awake, at 5:15am. Oof. Since then it’s been around 6:30, which isn’t AWFUL, but here’s hoping he gets back to 7-7:30 before too long!
Also, unrelated, he has started taking my oven mitts out of the drawer, putting them on, and standing in front of the oven. This kid is just the best.
3. Getting back to daylights savings for a minute… boy does it make me not want to a thing in the evenings! Once it gets dark around 5:30, I feel like it’s time for pajamas, the couch and a big blanket.
4. Have you given any thought to holiday gifts yet? If you’re going the homemade route, these peppermint spoons look absolutely adorable (and easy!).
5. Absolutely in love with this story about Sally, the 97-year-old who walks dogs at a local shelter every single day.
6. This massive pillow chair might be the most comfortable thing ever invented.
7. What are your favorite notebooks? I’ve used Martha Stewart notebooks for years, but I don’t think they’re sold anymore. I like an 8×11 notebook with college ruled lines, but with thicker weight paper. Any suggestions? I keep a few handy for different types of planning.
8. I absolutely need this >> How to Style Your Bookshelves
9. Are you a Gilmore Girls fan? Are you planning to binge the special coming out on Netflix in a couple of weeks? It’s been so, so long since I’ve watched it that I might need a little refresher!
10. TGIF! A little throwback to Duke as a 5-month old puppy!