1. Ahhhh these two are just the cutest together. So much love, so much giggling, I just can’t get enough.
(Also, Dominic’s hair STILL stands straight up… from the day he was born!)
There was a lot of excitement here last weekend because Joseph started asking to use the potty(!!). Over the course of Saturday and Sunday morning he asked to go fairly consistently (and every time he had to go #2), but his enthusiasm seems to have waned over the week. We didn’t really have plans to do hardcore potty training yet (he had shown NO signs of interest or any other signs of readiness), so now I’m not really sure if we should run with this or hold off a bit (he doesn’t wake up dry from naps or overnight, and I know that it supposed to be one of the big signs?). Either way, he is SO excited when he uses the potty and as soon as he goes, he throws his arms in the air and yells, “AWESOME!!” 😂
2. How adorable are these crocheted Sunday slippers? My grandma used to crochet baby booties, and big booties for the adults in the family, too (my dad loved them!), and these totally made me think of her. Putting these on my list of things to tackle, they look so comfy!
3. I’m not sure how many of you have heard of or follow Smiley the blind therapy dog, but he’s a Golden Retriever therapy dog who was born without eyes and is basically an Instagram star. Unfortunately, last week his owner found out that he has cancer and likely does not have much time left. She wrote in her post that he was the dog she thought would live forever, and I know that feeling all too well. I’ve missed Einstein a lot lately as it closes in on an entire year since he’s been gone, and this one got to me :(
4. On a much lighter note, have you seen this video? >> 25 Years of Top Summer Songs. 1992 through 1996 gave me some serious middle school and high school flashbacks!
5. Have I confessed to you that I don’t really like tomatoes? Like, I’ll eat tomato soup, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, etc. but I cannot, for the life of me, enjoy biting into a slice of tomato. Maybe it’s a texture thing? I see so many people talking about how much they’re enjoying the fresh tomatoes this summer with salt and pepper, and I SO want to be that person… But I am definitely not that person, womp womp.
6. I went to the grocery store on Monday and saw… a Halloween candy display. Really?! It’s July! I had to look twice to make sure I saw it correctly!
7. BUT on that note… fall IS sneaking up on us, so I’d love to know if there are any particular fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas recipes you’d like to see here! Leave your requests in the comments below!
8. A reminder that I’ll be hopping on Instagram stories this afternoon to share the step by step process of making the No Bake Rose Cheesecake from yesterday! If you’re on Instagram, jump on later today and take a peek! (You can follow me on Instagram here!)
9. We started the new season of Broadchurch on BBC America, and are only one episode in so far. Love those two actors together! We also started watching Father Brown on Netflix – it’s a way less dark murder mystery show and the priest in the show cracks me up.
10. TGIF! And THESE TWO! 😍