1. After quite possibly the longest and most exhausting week ever with Joseph’s croup last week, he’s completely back to normal and both he and Dominic have gifted us with sleeping until nearly 7:30am the last two mornings (and I’m sure I just jinxed it and at least one of them will wake up at 5:30 tomorrow!).
They are both completely enamored with our Christmas tree and spend ridiculous amounts of time over there looking at all of the ornaments. Joseph uncovered one of mine from when I was a kid – you pull a string and it plays “Jingle Bells” kind of like a music box. He pulls it over and over and sings and dances, ha!
2. We got our first snow storm on Wednesday night! I adore the snow and can’t get enough when it finally starts to fall, so bring it all on until March!
3. My entire email inbox right now is pretty much order and shipping confirmations. Online shopping is one of the best inventions, ever. Also, I don’t know how we ever survived without Amazon Prime.
4. Speaking of, I took the plunge and ordered an Instant Pot! Apparently half the world is getting one for Christmas because all that’s left on Amazon are ones sold by third-party sellers, so I headed over to Williams Sonoma and finally selected the 9-in-1 8-quart model. Many of mentioned thinking about size and my aunt agreed that an 8-quart would be much better for larger meals and leftovers. I can’t wait to get it and start experimenting! Also, if you’re online shopping, Williams Sonoma currently has a promotion running through midnight tonight where you can get 20% off your entire order and free fast shipping with the code GIFTMORE. Happy shopping!
5. Have you seen this video of a nurse singing to a dying patient? Just confirms what I’ve always said… nurses are true angels. And if you watch the video, be sure to have a box of Kleenex handy!
6. So many of you have been making reindeer chow this week… one of my favorites! My father-in-law brought over a big container last Friday and it did not last weekend. I am not the least bit sorry… ’tis the season!
7. I was reading one of Lindsay’s latest posts when she talked about these DeLallo cheeseboard gift and entertaining sets. Mind=blown. If you’ve ever wanted to put together the most epic cheese board but don’t know where to start, or you’re looking for a gift for someone who loves to entertain, these would be perfect. They even include the slate board!! I totally want to order like 10 of these.
8. Love, love, love >> this vet treats dogs belonging to the homeless on the streets of London for free.
9. My husband stumbled upon this colorized Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby Christmas special that originally aired in 1957. We watched it twice in one night earlier this week; nothing beats the classics!
10. TGIF! I had a dream about this sweet boy a couple of nights ago; still miss him like crazy…