1. Joseph had a new round of blood work done this week to test for the remaining nuts he has yet to pass in an oral challenge – Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, cashews and peanuts. It’s been about 18 months since he had bloodwork done, and nearly a year since he failed the pistachio oral challenge, so we’re checking to see if any of the numbers have come down and, if so, we’ll give the oral challenge(s) another shot. (Side note: the tech who drew the blood was amazing and she made a bunny out of the gauze and band-aid, so creative!)
2. I spent Tuesday at home with Isabelle getting a ton of computer work done while my husband took the boys to my in-laws. They had a blast in my father-in-law’s garden and I got to hang with my pretty lady :)
3. Totally trying this bacon-fried cabbage recipe – sounds delish!
4. This gorgeous Wolf Gourmet electric griddle arrived on my doorstop yesterday and I want to make pancakes and French toast for dayssss.
5. These If You Grew Up in the 80’s Memes are absolutely fabulous. Sometimes I totally miss simple days and nights.
6. Are you cooking out for Father’s Day this weekend? Put my best ever potato salad on your menu!
7. Thank you for all of the tips last week on picking watermelon! Pretty certain Facebook spies on me because less than 24 hours later, this farmer’s guide to selecting watermelon popped up on my feed. In any case, there are some good tips (and ones many of you shared!).
8. I bought a bunch of clothes during Nordstrom’s 40% off sale a couple of weeks ago and about half of them were winners (not bad for Internet shopping!). Some of my favorites: ruffled tank (got it in hot pink and bold green), twist hem top, flutter sleeve crochet detail top, Zella layer me pullover, and ruffle sleeve tee.
9. Wishing all of the dads out there a very Happy Father’s Day, and for anyone who is missing their dad this weekend, sending loads of hugs your way, xo.
10. TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic summer weekend!