1. My husband snapped this picture during bedtime a couple of weeks ago and I just love looking at it. Usually Isabelle goes to bed first and then my husband and I tag team getting Joseph and Dominic changed and their teeth brushed, then we all congregate in Dominic’s room for books and to wind down.
2. At Joseph’s preschool, they say a short little prayer before they have their snack (they did it last year, too), but he has really taken to it over the last month or so at home. He will sit at the table with the food in front of him and wait until everyone is sitting down, say, “okay, prayer hands everyone!” and then recite the prayer. It melts my heart!
3. Dominic has been picking up on SO much lately! He pretty much speaks in mostly full sentences, and Joseph has taught him to count – he can get up to 14 on his own now. This week the boys unearthed a Flash cape from the closet and while Joseph runs around in it and acts silly, when Dominic puts it on, I swear he gets this aura of authority about him lol!
4. Isabelle turned 8 months old yesterday! Where is the time going?! Aside from catching the boys’ nasty chest cold last week, she’s been doing wonderfully. She’s still rocking on all four and trying her hardest to crawl, but not there yet! Any time she is on the floor trying, the boys get down next to her and say, “Like this, Isabelle! Crawl like this!” trying to show her how to crawl. They are the sweetest big brothers to her.
5. Have you discovered fudge-covered Ritz yet? They were in a display right when I walked into the grocery store and there was absolutely no way I could keep walking without buying them. They are SO GOOD. Totally addicting.
6. For the first time in I don’t even know how long, I ordered my Christmas cards before December 1st! Now getting them addressed and into the mailbox is a different story ;-)
7. A reader emailed me this week looking for a Scottish Tea Cake recipe… unfortunately I don’t have one, but was hoping maybe one of you do! If you have a tried and true recipe that you’re willing to share, please leave it in the comments below for Joanne :)
8. Have you seen this Dyson supersonic hair dryer? It better dry my hair in 30 seconds for that price! It has a massive number of positive reviews; could it really make that big of a difference?!
9. Do you have any good ideas for an Advent calendar? We bought one late last year and have been doing it with the boys, but so far just Hershey’s kisses. If you do one, I’d love to hear what you put in them each day!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!