1. Isabelle turned 9 months old this week! She had a fantastic checkup, measuring 81st percentile for height and 60th for weight, and didn’t need any shots. Just in the last couple of days she has started REALLY moving around and legit crawling, getting herself all over the place. Naturally, she’s drawn to everything she can’t play with (i.e. dog toys and rawhides).
2. My husband has turned to reverse psychology to get Dominic to eat food at dinnertime and it’s crazy/weird/concerning/frustrating? how well it works, ha! He didn’t want to take a bite of meatloaf the other night, so my husband said, “Dominic, whatever you do, DON’T eat that meatloaf. Don’t do it. I’m serious.” He proceeded to eat all of it, and with a smirk on his face the majority of the time. This kid, he makes me laugh like no other.
3. Joseph had his very first stomach flu last week, eeeeeeeek! It was his first time waking up sick through the night, and I felt so, so bad for him. Luckily it lasted less than 24 hours, but then I got it on Sunday (mine was even faster, less than 12 hours), but apparently it ravaged his class at school, including one of his teachers. So glad to be on the other side of that, and that Dominic and Isabelle didn’t get it!
4. In other news, we currently have a non-functioning washing machine thanks to a broken pump, ugh. (THANK THE LORD IT HAPPENED AFTER THE STOMACH FLU, OMG)
5. Thanks to Jess for texting me this article earlier this week, it totally speaks to my season of life right now >> I Realized I Was Building a Life I Didn’t Want. More and bigger isn’t always better. When I get FOMO, I remind myself that I built this business so I could be my own boss and make my own rules, and right now that means enjoying my babies while they are still little and at home during the day and actually WANT to be with me :)
6. On a related note, I got a new planner for 2019, Cultivate What Matters. It’s not a day organizer or calendar (I use Trello and Google Calendar for keeping my schedule and to-do list in order), but rather a really awesome planner for working through your goals and then breaking them down into monthly action items. I am IN LOVE with this process!
7. Talk to me about air frying! We recently received the Breville Smart Oven Air (disclosure: Breville sent it to us to try out), which has an air fry function and I can’t wait to try it. If you have an air fryer, what are your favorite things to make in it??
8. I keep craving Mexican food after seeing these beef enchiladas continue to pop up under trending recipes.
9. What shows are you watching? We’re tapped out and on the hunt for something new!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!