1. Things that Dominic currently says that I never want to forget: he calls his hamper the hamburger (i.e. “Mommy, I will put my socks in the hamburger.”) and when he has a runny nose he says, “Mommy, I need a Keenex, my nose is falling out!” Both make me laugh so hard and hug him so tight; he’s such a trip!
2. Joseph and I took had a little day date last Saturday morning – we went ice skating at PPG Paints Arena where the Penguins play! Joseph has been taking lessons for nearly a year now and he’s gotten super steady on his feet; I was so proud of him. We had such a fun time and I’m so glad we were able to do something like that together :)
3. Isabelle is crawling everywhere and fast! She basically just wants to be wherever her brothers are, doing whatever they’re doing. Yesterday I was on the floor with her in the family room while Joseph and Dominic were playing near the front door. She turned her head, saw them, got a huge grin, turned and smiled at me, squealed, and then took off crawling to them. Once she arrived, the boys said, “wow Isabelle is here! Hi Isabelle! Are you going to play with us?” She was so thrilled to be part of their little world :)
4. You guys LOVED the Thermapen digital thermometer giveaway last week! If you weren’t one of the lucky winners, ThermoWorks is extending a special offer this weekend to Brown Eyed Baker readers – get 10% off any purchase through Sunday at midnight with the code TWBEB10. Some of the most popular products are the Thermapen (obviously!), the ChefAlarm (awesome for things like candy and yogurt-making), and the ThermoPop (a lower-cost alternative to the Thermapen). Happy Shopping! :)
5. Recommendations please! I’m looking for a mattress is pad that is… just a regular old mattress pad? I guess, thin? The one we’ve had for nearly six years has been losing its backing so I want to replace it, but everything I’ve found is super thick, sort of like pillow top mattress pads? I actually love our mattress so I don’t want anything like that, but it’s all I can seem to find! Help!
6. TELL ME – how do you organize the camera roll on your phone? DO YOU organize your camera roll? I have never, ever done so, but every time I’m looking for a picture it’s endless scrolling. Late last year I signed up for an account at Artifact Uprising because I want to (eventually) make some photo books, but I got one of their email newsletters recently and it was all about organizing your camera roll. I’m currently inspired to make all the albums.
7. Speaking of organizing, I loved this read >> My Best Tips for Staying Organized at Life
8. Dark chocolate before bed? Pass me the Lindt truffles, please.
9. The Super Bowl is Sunday! Here are some of my favorite football foods to help get your menu started (or go to my post 90+ Super Bowl Food Ideas for TONS of suggestions!):
Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa / Loaded Baked Potato Dip / My Favorite Guacamole Recipe / Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Queso Dip / Spinach Artichoke Dip / Warm Black Bean Dip / Crispy Baked Chicken Wings / Pepperoni Bread / Antipasto Squares / Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!
Love seeing your beautiful family !
I don’t organize my camera roll, mostly because my phone fills up with all of the pictures. Instead I have my phone auto-backup to Google Photos which I’ve found is a great way to organize. To find pictures I can scroll to the day/month/year or I can find by person. I love it and I can access my photos from anywhere.
I got my mattress protector at Winners 😉. I think it’s by Ralph Lauren. It is just cushy enough to be comfortable (but more than a thin mattress pad) but not like the big, think overlays that are popular now (I woke up with a backache when I put one on my bed). I love it.
Regarding the organization of photos, I have made an attempt at organizing but don’t get to it often enough. I have a file for Recipes (that I’ve photographed from magazines, memes, home, garden, etc.
Are you looking for a mattress protector? We bought a bamboo one when we bought out new mattress.
Thanks for the links and the offer – I too am finding the ThermoPop code is not working. When I put the code in, nothing happens. It just disappears and the price does not change.
Love hearing about what you and your terrific family are up to, sounds like fun and busy! I was thinking of asking may daughter to enroll my granddaughter for skate lessons and your day with Joseph would be a great activity they could do together.
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know how much fun skating can be!
Dominic’s comments are pretty cute. I would write my children’s comments in their baby books on the empty pages with the date so I wouldn’t forget. They are grown now but at least they have them to remember.
I love that you have a helmet on Joseph when he is on the ice. When my children learned to ice skate, kids didn’t have helmets. When I see a child on a bike with no helmet I just pray they don’t get hurt. I have a son who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident. It was horrific and changed his life forever. It doesn’t take a car accident for a child to suffer a brain injury. I have a friend whose son suffered a brain injury from a bike accident many years ago. Better safe than sorry.
So so true about the helmets. As a former pediatric nurse who worked for 14 yr in PICU, I saw and cared for many children whose lives (and the lives of their parents) were forever changed by a head injury. Whatever that can be done to protect those young lives should be because they are so precious. It was good of you to point this out.
Just want you to know that the code for Thermopop does NOT work. I even called them and they said there is no promotion going on with you and they presently have no promotions. I even read the part of your blog to them. They said absolutely NOT. What’s going on?
Hi Carol, I am SO sorry that you’re having difficulty. I just spoke with my contact there who assured me it is working on her end, but apologized for the support staff being unaware of the promotion. I sent you a direct email so we can try to troubleshoot this!
Awwhhhhh–I am always so happy on Friday, reading your Friday things–I know as I scroll down, the last picture will be of your doggies……but really all of it is great. It’s one of the highlights of my Fridays, truly. Duke (if that is him in this pic), looks sooooo happy, with a doggie smile to boot. p.s. Great picture of you at the hockey rink with your baby boy—–Mattress pads—not sure if you have Marshalls or Ross out there, but I usually find a good one at either place–think I found a Ralph Lauren mattress pad, for a pretty good price the last time I bought one—
I have my pictures organized by month. I also made albums. I have like lock screen photos, Drew 10th bday, funnnies, art, Drew science fairs, patches(my shin tzu), my reptiles, my sugar gliders Captain Jack and Gizmo etc…. I found that I made albums for important things and like my dog and gliders I take so many pics they’re in one place. I also have Christmas so i remember year to year how
I did things and same with Halloween. Anything with my son is Drew …… it’s really helped when I want to show someone something.
Your Totally Epic Nacho Recipe is in Huffington Posts Best Nacho Recipes
When we bought our mattress, the furniture store sold pads that were required or else the mattress warranty would not be honored. They had 3 choices. Perhaps a store that sells mattresses would be of help.
I have a Coop Home Goods Mattress Protector. Nice and thin and waterproof. I have a cat who once in a blue moon spits up on the bed if she doesn’t make it down to the floor in time. It is supposed to help you stay cool. Made from bamboo and polyester. Totally washable. I got it from Amazon.
Do you want a mattress pad or just a protector? I usually get mine at Target. They’re thin and usually go on like a fitted sheet. I got my last one through Amazon and it’s hypoallergenic and waterproof.