1. Things that Dominic currently says that I never want to forget: he calls his hamper the hamburger (i.e. “Mommy, I will put my socks in the hamburger.”) and when he has a runny nose he says, “Mommy, I need a Keenex, my nose is falling out!” Both make me laugh so hard and hug him so tight; he’s such a trip!
2. Joseph and I took had a little day date last Saturday morning – we went ice skating at PPG Paints Arena where the Penguins play! Joseph has been taking lessons for nearly a year now and he’s gotten super steady on his feet; I was so proud of him. We had such a fun time and I’m so glad we were able to do something like that together :)
3. Isabelle is crawling everywhere and fast! She basically just wants to be wherever her brothers are, doing whatever they’re doing. Yesterday I was on the floor with her in the family room while Joseph and Dominic were playing near the front door. She turned her head, saw them, got a huge grin, turned and smiled at me, squealed, and then took off crawling to them. Once she arrived, the boys said, “wow Isabelle is here! Hi Isabelle! Are you going to play with us?” She was so thrilled to be part of their little world :)
4. You guys LOVED the Thermapen digital thermometer giveaway last week! If you weren’t one of the lucky winners, ThermoWorks is extending a special offer this weekend to Brown Eyed Baker readers – get 10% off any purchase through Sunday at midnight with the code TWBEB10. Some of the most popular products are the Thermapen (obviously!), the ChefAlarm (awesome for things like candy and yogurt-making), and the ThermoPop (a lower-cost alternative to the Thermapen). Happy Shopping! :)
5. Recommendations please! I’m looking for a mattress is pad that is… just a regular old mattress pad? I guess, thin? The one we’ve had for nearly six years has been losing its backing so I want to replace it, but everything I’ve found is super thick, sort of like pillow top mattress pads? I actually love our mattress so I don’t want anything like that, but it’s all I can seem to find! Help!
6. TELL ME – how do you organize the camera roll on your phone? DO YOU organize your camera roll? I have never, ever done so, but every time I’m looking for a picture it’s endless scrolling. Late last year I signed up for an account at Artifact Uprising because I want to (eventually) make some photo books, but I got one of their email newsletters recently and it was all about organizing your camera roll. I’m currently inspired to make all the albums.
7. Speaking of organizing, I loved this read >> My Best Tips for Staying Organized at Life
8. Dark chocolate before bed? Pass me the Lindt truffles, please.
9. The Super Bowl is Sunday! Here are some of my favorite football foods to help get your menu started (or go to my post 90+ Super Bowl Food Ideas for TONS of suggestions!):
Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa / Loaded Baked Potato Dip / My Favorite Guacamole Recipe / Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Queso Dip / Spinach Artichoke Dip / Warm Black Bean Dip / Crispy Baked Chicken Wings / Pepperoni Bread / Antipasto Squares / Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!