1. Joseph hit a big milestone last week – he graduated from the first level of independent swimming lessons! He worked so, so hard and we were so incredibly proud of him. He had a bit of a hard time transitioning from the mommy-and-me classes to the independent classes. He wasn’t as confident in the water and all of the things he would do in class with me, he wouldn’t do with the instructors. We finally landed on a great instructor who was really patient and encouraging, but pushed him as well, which seemed to be exactly what he needed. Onward and upward to the next level!
2. Isabelle is officially standing! She started doing it here and there last week, but now if she can grab onto something, up she goes! She hasn’t really begun “surfing” on tables or couches yet, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. I can’t believe she’s so big already!
3. Last weekend, Joseph went to the Pittsburgh Auto Show with my husband and father-in-law (he was in heaven!), and I wanted to do something special with Dominic while he was gone. Since ice cream shops are on the big-fat-no list with Joseph’s nut allergies and Dominic LOVES ice cream, I bundled up him and Isabelle (it was in the 20’s, haaaaaa) and went to the local Graeter’s for a cup of chocolate ice cream. He had SO. MUCH. FUN. I love being able to spend some special time with him, and I think he loves having all of my attention (even though Isabelle was with us!).
4. My mom got all of the kids a book for Valentine’s Day and then one she gave to Isabelle was “If I Could Keep You Little…” It’s not one that we have and, seriously, almost every time I’ve read it to her it’s made me teary-eyed!
5. Loved this >> Want to Lead a Happy Life? Science Says to Focus on These 10 Things
6. And on a similar note >> Use the KonMari Method to Tidy Your Mind
7. Have you ever taken a train ride? I haven’t, and I’m so intrigued by this $213 train ride that shows you all of America’s most beautiful sights. Seems like a great way to see so much of the country!
8. We started a new show this week – Informer on Amazon Prime. We’re only a few episodes in, so far it’s not bad. It’s not as gripping as other shows we’ve binged, but it’ll do for now!
9. Spring is just around the corner, and I’d love to know if you have any recipe requests for the warmer months ahead! Leave them below in the comments! :)
10. TGIF! I mopped last week and moved the dog bed onto the fireplace hearth; that didn’t stop Judith from getting to her spot, lol!
Informer starts pretty slowly. The last two episodes were good. It’s definitely not as good as Bodyguard. I can’t wait for Killing Eve to start up again!
And it’s never too cold for ice cream, especially such a cute little cup :)
I made your recipe the Ultimate Banana Bread. I cooked the bananas in the microwave but did not get much liquid, only about a teaspoon. I even cooked the bananas couple of extra minutes. What could be the reason I did not get the required liquid? Could it be that my bananas were not ripe enough. It turned kind very moist. Tasted good. I would like to know what I could do different. Thanks for help.
I think I found you through Einstein, and stayed for the amazing recipes. I’ve enjoyed watching your little family grow ❤
Can you share the brand/model of Judith’s dog bed? It really looks like it holds it’s shape!
We need a new one for my senior golden.
Hi Christine! This is the dog bed she was sitting on (we have two of them in our family room): https://rstyle.me/+GXyJ5UPXSH6VjSVL-i1UZg
Thanks so much! I’m gonna order the XL since we lay with them on the floor, too. LOL
It’s that the color matches the goldens so well…shows less dog hair.
Have to check out that train trip. Babies are all beautiful…the boys and isabelle is just adorable..what a bright sweet smile. I finally have all of the ingredients to make your corn casserole this weekend. I had a he k of a time finding jiffy cornbread mix of all things. When did we stop carrying those mixes as a grocery store staple? We dont have Graeters by me in ca that I know of..but lovely u took kids to icecream even in the cold..u r such a trouper loving mom
I have to chime in and second Bodyguard on Netflix (no, not the Whitney Houston one). It’s fantastic. We were hooked from the get-go.
OMG, you have successfully made me in love with Graeter’s…black raspberry is to die for! I’ve been telling my friends about that ice cream as well…and they’ve never heard of it either! Love the recipes, love the pics of family and fur babies as well. For spring or summer, introduce more “fluff” salads. Similar to those in the deli, with cherries, etc! Keep up your interesting narratives on the week-ends.
I love that your dog a-lays on her bed and b-lays on your hearth. We got our dog a bed once and put it in her spot and she wouldn’t lay on it…she laid next to it so she could still see out the window!
Recipes for summer: any salads based on anything but greens — grains or beans, for instance. They could be a side dish or a main dish.
I like Graeter’s Double Milk Chocolate and Chocolate Chip, but especially love the Raspberry Sorbet.
Thanks for posting the information on the train trip. Very interesting. I have traveled by train and enjoyed it each time.
I love Graeter’ s but I don’t think I’d go if it was in the twenties but tomorrow it’s going to make it to the 60’s so I might try getting there.
The only trouble is I can never decide ice cream or coffee cake??
You little one sure is happy with his ice cream.
I love reading this every week. I seldom comment, but I do enjoy it.
That train trip sounds amazing!
OMG I *LOVE* Graeter’s! Their chocolate chip is out of this world – super jealous. Have you watched Bodyguard on Netflix? We loved it!