1. Isabelle turned 11 months old this week, whaaaaaaat?! It’s insane to me that we are just a few weeks away from her turning ONE YEAR OLD. This year may have been the absolute fastest of my life. My husband and I were talking the other day about how we can remember Joseph being a baby for such a long period of time, but it feels like Dominic and Isabelle were only itsy bitsy for approximately 2.3475 seconds. Time just keeps moving quicker and quicker!
2. Earlier this week I made egg roll in a bowl for dinner, and my husband and I put sriracha on ours. Joseph asked what it was and we said that it was like spicy ketchup and asked if he’d like to try it. He said yes, so I put a tiny amount on a spoonful of his food. He looked at it and promptly started sobbing lol. Then Dominic asked for some on his finger… he ate it, got a stunned look on his face, drank a ton of water and then said, “Joseph, you do it!” Bwahahahaha… oh brothers :) (Joseph did not, in fact, do it, in case you were wondering lol.)
3. Speaking of dinnertime, I recently came across the Instagram account @feedinglittles and it is fantastic! They have courses for infant and toddler feeding, which I have not purchased, but the amount of free information they have on Instagram and on their website/blog is so great. I wish I had found them when Joseph was a baby! Lots of tips on providing a variety of foods at meals and snacks, navigating picky eating, etc. Currently obsessed with it.
4. I was so stunned about the passing of Luke Perry. I was not allowed to watch Beverly Hills 90210 for the longest time, so I think I was 16 or 17 when I finally started watching it (so it was already like 6-7 years in). However, in my mid-20’s I re-watched the entire series from the beginning, using old-school Netflix (DVDs in the mail! the stone age!) and looooooved it. Now I want to watch it all over again.
5. Has anyone had their eyebrows microbladed? I am semi-interested since I have very thin eyebrows that do not totally match, and it drives me crazy! I’d love to hear your thoughts!
6. Well, this totally made me weepy… with Joseph already in school three days a week, I try to really just be in the moment with the kids during the day. Yesterday was wonderful… we had nowhere to be and the boys played together, giggling, making up games nearly all day. We colored, painted with dots, and during dinner Joseph looked at me and said, “Mommy, I had such a fun day with you!” We literally did nothing exceptional, and yet it was one of the best days ever.
7. Good read >> Being an ‘Elephant Mom’ in the Time of the Tiger Mother
8. I’ve mentioned before that I am a huge Billy Joel fan and have seen him in concert a few times; I recently found a concert video of his last show at Shea Stadium, and it is so wonderfully done! If you’re a fan and haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend!
9. The new season of Bosch is dropping on Amazon Prime next month! We really loved it when we watched it last year, and I have such fond memories of binging it with a wee little Isabelle hanging with us all night :)
10. TGIF! These two were cuddle bugs a couple of nights ago!
Hi! I have been considering microblading also as I too have two different eyebrows that drive me nuts. I have decided against it because I have heard you can only do it so many times before you have to go to straight tatooing. Not sure the reason why (maybe it gets too filled in?) but a friend of mine can no longer have it done. Her’s faded to a weird purple-y color in between also. I will stick with a pencil!
P.S. gonna get moving on my bake-a-long recipe adventure this weekend! :)
Hi Michelle! Love following you on FB! I had microblading done three weeks ago and love it! Haven’t had eyebrows for 45 years since I tweezed them to bits in high school (skinny line brows were the fashion) and have been drawing them in for years. Ugh! I did loads of research, found a great young girl in Scottsdale am am thrilled with the results. I go back next month for a post-healing touchup then will be good-to-go for two years. Worth every penny!! Good luck!
One of my friends had microblading done and initially it looked great. It faded to an odd purple shade though and now she HAS to fill in her brows before she leaves the house or she looks ridiculous. I’m sticking with Benefit’s Brow Wiz!
I just got my eyebrows microbladed and LOVE it! It’s def nothing like shoe polish. They are darker for the first few days and then lighten as they heal.
Hi Michelle, For microblading, check out a recent post from this Thursday on Two Peas and Their Pod. She recently had microblading done and loves it. Love your blog, especially Friday Things.
Isabelle is adorable..such beautiful eyes. Funny story about srichacha and the boys.
Time seems like it’s going faster because it is! You have 3 little ones now compared to when you had Joseph. Enjoy every minute. When you are 50 you look back and wonder where all that time went. A friend had micro-blading done and it interests me but her results were not great and it does fade so you keep having to get it redone. I am waiting l the process is more refined and the results better. I too was shocked by the death of Luke Perry. I didn’t watch 90210 but I did like him in Riverdale. I haven’t watched Bosch But I did enjoy the books.
I haven’t tried the egg roll in a bowl, but I have tried egg roll skillet/beef and cabbage stir fry. I liked both very much. I need to try them with Chinese 5 Spice. A friend of mine made these with chopped shrimp instead of ground meat and said they were very good.
cute little girl. yes I have heard of microblading, yes it looks awful, is like a shoe polish die. have you seen a new tattoo how vivid the colors are, well eyebrows look like that really bright and fake, then you add wear and use of it, they look awful and like old shoe polish. do not like it. try pencil liner in the brows.
Michelle, your comment about Amazon streaming reminded me that you stream. We recently cut our cable cord & my husband/son are upset they can’t watch most Penguin games anymore. We were willing to get NHL network, but they say games are blacked out. What do you use to watch the games? Going back to cable isn’t worth the $1200 a year I’m saving just for this. Ugh.
Hi Laurie, We actually don’t stream 100%; we wanted to cut the cord a year ago but could not find a way to watch the Pens games – it’s literally the only thing holding us back!
I will have to check out the egg roll in a bowl recipe you tagged. I tried a recipe from another blog a few weeks ago and it was TERRIBLE!!!!!!! SO disappointing. It smelled incredible in the house all day while it was in the slow cooker, it looked amazing when we dished it out, then we took our first bite and my husband, daughter and I all looked at each other with a puzzled expression. It had absolutely zero flavor. We even tried to top with sriracha, yeah, no. My daughter tried to keep eating to be polite until I told her she didn’t have to and she said OH THANK GOD! So my attempt at a healthy dinner failed and we ended up ordering pizza, lol! Did you like your recipe??
Hi Angela, It’s good! I do think it falls a little bit on the bland side, but I like using sesame oil + Sriracha for extra flavor.
I have been considering microblading too. My eyebrows drive me crazy. Please post details on it if you get it done. I’m in Pittsburgh too and would love to get a recommendation on where to go. Happy Friday!