Friday Things #358
1. Happy Valentine’s Day from our sweet trio! They love Mickey Mouse and Formula 1 racing 💘
2. The boys had Valentine’s parties at school yesterday and they were SO excited. They wore festive shirts, got valentines ready for their friends, and in Dominic’s class they had special tablecloths and plates for snacks during their party. He thought it was the best thing ever!
3. Early yesterday morning my great aunt passed away and my heart is just absolutely broken for my grandma. You may remember that my grandpap passed away last March, then my grandma’s other sister passed away in August, and now her last remaining sibling. So much heartache in less than a year and none of them were battling long-term illnesses; each one happened so quickly. If you are so inclined, any healing or peaceful thoughts/prayers you’d like to send her way would be so appreciated ❤️️
4. The video of this jealous Golden Retriever is hysterical and TOTALLY Duke 😂
5. Obviously, I agree 100% >> Daniel the Golden Retriever Was Robbed.
6. Fat Tuesday is just a week and a half away; get ready to make those Paczki!
7. A friend of mine shared this photo on Facebook this week, and while I do want my kids to try their best and accomplish all they will dream of, I loved it so much. It immediately made me remember the article I shared a few years ago titled “What If All I Want Is a Mediocre Life?”
8. The local news here in Pittsburgh reported that we didn’t have any, as in ZERO, sunny days in January. And now we know why ☁️
9. However, cloudy days don’t necessarily bother me; I tend to find them kind of… calming? Is that strange?
10. TGIF! Happy Valentine’s Day from our sweetheart pups! :)
My thoughts are with your grand mom. My mother had a similar experience when she was a teenager.
I loved the video of the dogs. Did you see the video of the astronaut coming home from the space station, where she’d been for almost a year, and her dog’s reaction?
Will be praying for your Grandma and for your family. So sorry.
I really enjoy your Friday posts Goodness…your little ones are growing!! Feel sad for your grandma. She will be in my prayers.
Okay so I made the chocolate flourless cake. I’m sorry i did not trust the directions. When i took it out of the oven it looked too jiggly. So i decided to put it back in the oven for 20 minutes. Big mistake. It still tastes good but is not creamy. I will try again AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!
Side note: during grade school I always got a check mark in the “doesnt follow directions” box.
This was cute…the gradeschool comment. Mine said talks too much to neighbors😊
Surrounding your grandma, you and your family with prayers. No words can ease the pain but knowing others care helps to get through this difficult time.
I agree with you totally. I thought Daniel would win. He certainly was a crowd favorite. Plus he had such chemistry with his handler.
Daniel was DEFINITELY robbed 😩
Really love #7. Sorry for all the family losses. It is wonderful though that your grandmother is still there with you. I never knew any of my grandparents. I am not fond of cloudy days. Years ago when I moved to Calgary, many people asked why I moved there rather than back to Vancouver where I grew up. Vancouver has many drizzly grey days whereas Calgary may be very cold but it is also very often sunny in winter once the snow has fallen making beautiful days. Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. ❤️
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! Valentine’s really is the best when you’re a kid. And I don’t know if you’ve gotten into podcasts at all. They’re great when you’re commuting. One of my favorites is called Ologies. She recently did a cloud episode, nephology. I haven’t listened to that one yet but wanted to share. You might also like the cynology episode…dogs! Have a nice weekend.
Good morning from FINALLY sunny California! January was nothing but clouds and rain for us. But like you, I like it too! But when the season is over, I gladly invite the same brats into my house!
Loved the video of the Golden Retrievers! Made me giggle! I had to share it. I really miss our two Goldens. We have a Boston Terrier now. He’s adorable, but Goldens… they’re just so special!
I’m gonna give it a try for the packzi. Wish me luck!!
I made the Flourless Chocolate Cake last night for tonight’s dessert! So excited to try it. I did add 1/4 coffee and 1/4 Port for fun. :-D.
Have a blessed Weekend.
As always, the picture of your kids is incredibly adorable, as well as the picture of your two cute pups! My thoughts and prayers go out to your Grandma, and your whole family. Take care, God Bless, and enjoy your Valentine’s Day weekend with your precious family.
So sorry for your loss and for your grand mom.
The Golden video was too funny. A jealous older sibling can be a bummer …and kind of rough too.
Daniel was robed…I agree
Finally, the words of William Martin are perfect…ordinary can become extraordinary in the blink of an eye and extraordinary is all around us.
Enjoy the day with your three sweet little hearts!
Hello Michelle, so sorry for the loss of your great Aunt. It is so sad to see your siblings pass on, my brother died five years ago and I still think of him and miss him everyday. Hugs for you all.
Deepest condolences to you and your family for your great aunt’s passing, especially to your grandmother.
A happy valentine’s day to you all, especially to your children who, as usual, look adorable.
So sorry for your losses. The weather is one of the reasons I moved from Pittsburgh to NC three years ago. You won’t believe the difference sunlight makes!
I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. Sending your grandma lots of thoughts and prayers.
I am sorry for your loss and am sending prayers for your grandmother. My uncle, the last of my dad’s 12 siblings, passed away last week one month shy of his 104th birthday. It is odd knowing that I, my siblings and cousins, are now the oldest generation of the family.
Happy Valentine’s Day to your sweet family.
My heart hurts for your grandma! So much loss. Will send prayers for comfort for her!