Friday Things #376
1. We delayed Isabelle’s 2-year checkup because we were smack in the middle of quarantine and she wasn’t due for any vaccines. It’s coming up in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait to find out how much she has grown because she basically looks like a teenager. I’ve heard girls grow faster than boys but oh my goodness, she just seems so tall all of a sudden!
2. Every time the boys are outside riding their bikes in the driveway, they stop and pick off any roses that have bloomed on our rose bushes, bring them over to me and tell me they brought me flowers because they love me soooooooo much and for forever and ever and ever. Can they please just stay this exact age forever??!
3. We got an email with a list of supplies and some new student events for Joseph starting kindergarten and things just got super real! We’re still not sure what school is going to look like here in the fall (part-time in-person, fully online, etc.), but I just cannot believe that my first little baby is heading off to the big school 😭
4. Who owns a jumbo muffin pan? I don’t have one and am wondering if I should invest in one… thoughts?
5. I had a really good laugh at this:
6. One of my favorite summer desserts >> No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert
7. What do you use for daily task management? I had been using Things but am not quite loving it anymore; prior to that I used Trello but abandoned that, as well. I used to be strictly pen and paper for to-do lists but I found it helpful to have something that I could put recurring tasks into, like giving the dogs their flea/tick, washing pillows, etc. How do you manage your lists?
8. I love the wonderful community that has sprung up in the Brown Eyed Baker Facebook Group – so many sweet people helping each other. Come on over and join us if you haven’t yet!
9. We’re still watching (and loving) Downton Abbey and got to the episode where tons of people got the Spanish Flu. I was all, why are they just going in and out of everyone’s rooms?! Why aren’t they isolating!? Clearly, Covid has affected my thought process 😂
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!