Friday Things #379
1. I hope you had a fun and safe Fourth of July weekend! We hung out at home and then watched our neighbors set off fireworks :)
2. And then the next morning, I was subsequently reminded that no matter how late my kids go to bed, they will undoubtedly wake up at the same time they do every other day of the year (although, Isabelle did sleep in!). Which is why we will hold fast to our 7pm bedtime as long as possible 😝
3. A couple of nights ago we lost power for a couple of hours between dinner and bedtime. We hung out in the basement where it was nice and cool and the boys built puzzle after puzzle together on the floor. Loved seeing them work together and get along so well!
4. I’ve been drinking more coffee lately, but I still don’t like it black. I’ve taken to adding a couple of spoonfuls of Ghiradelli ground white chocolate and a splash of milk (since the Starbucks white chocolate mocha is really what helped me turn the corner on coffee back in November/December!), but I’d love to hear how you dress up your coffee and get some new ideas. I don’t want TOO much sugar, but I need SOMETHING ;-)
5. Loved this so much >> 20 Things I Will Not Regret Doing With My Kids
6. The July Bake-Along recipe went live this week! In case you missed it, it’s the All-Butter Pie Crust. I can’t wait to see all of the amazing pies you bake this month!
7. I feel like quarantine and stay-at-home-ing has burnt me out on cooking ideas and menu planning. I’d love to hear what you’ve been making or your meal planning formulas that work for you!
8. Favorite creams and/or pumice stones for super tough calluses on feet? I’ve developed a couple and they are not a picnic!
9. We finished Downton Abbey a couple of nights ago and we already miss the Crawley’s! We still need to watch the movie but have begun Fearless (Amazon Prime) in the meantime. So far we like it!
10. TGIF! I can’t ever resist some good Judith snuggle time ❤️️