Friday Things #442
1. This girl 💖
2. Having a watch with a stopwatch means he can track his “lap” times around the driveway. Love his competitive spirit!
3. Since everyone here finally got over their sicknesses, we were able to celebrate Dominic’s birthday with our parents last weekend. When I asked him what he wanted on his cake, he said simply, “Sprinkles and a picture of our family.” I asked again a few different times to be sure he didn’t really want something else and, nope. That’s for sure what he wanted, and he was thrilled. This boy continually melts my heart ❤️
4. I went through some site statistics yesterday and found that, astonishingly, since I began the site in 2007, the top 10 recipes don’t include a single dessert! There is one sweet bread (Grandma’s Banana Nut Bread) in the top 10, but everything else is savory. Do you prefer to see desserts, savory items, or a 50/50 mix of both?
5. Good read >> Your Biggest Dreams Do Not Include a House Full of Stuff
6. What’s your favorite version of apple pie? For me, it’s hands-down, Dutch apple pie. Give me allllll the crumb topping!
7. Modern Mrs. Darcy is sharing newsletters that bring delight to her inbox. If you’re looking for somethings new, you might find something you like in her list.
8. Our house is excited that hockey season is here! Last year during the playoffs we started recording the games at night and watching them the next day with the boys while I’m cooking dinner and/or after dinner/before bed and we’ve resurrected that this week. It’s so fun to watch with them and see them get excited!
9. Did anyone else watch the latest Blue Origin launch with William Shatner on board? My rocket-loving kid and Star Trek-loving husband were enthralled 😊
10. TGIF! Snuggles with my girls 💜
I cannot speak for anyone by me, but I LOVE your desserts!! A mix of 50-50 is perfect.
I prefer more sweet although you have had some wonderful savoury dishes too. Thank you for this wonderful site. I especially look forward to the Saturday addition with your sweet bookmarked recipes.
I always love seeing pics of you family, all adorable and growing fast. I also like both desserts and main dishes. Love your recipes.
Some of the best things I’ve ever made are from your dessert collection (ahem…German Chocolate Cake!). Savory is good, but don’t leave the sweets behind!
I would like to see a 50/50 mix of sweet and savory! Thanks!
Btw, your family is adorable!
I look forward to your Friday messages and so when you asked if I want sweet, savory or 50/50, my answer is….I want it all! And here’s why.
Your website is the gold standard for me. I have confidence that whatever recipe I want to try, it will be amazing because it’s been tested and perfected!
So thank you, BEB! And in addition to that, I love seeing your little family and watching the kids grow. In addition to your expertise in the kitchen, you are a good mama!
Happy Birthday, Dominic! Love how you care for his sensitive spirit! And thank you for sharing such delightful pictures! I make a French apple pie that looks very similar to your DutchApple Pie with the crumble! I enjoy a mix of savory and sweet recipes. Thank you so much for your site!
Your wonderful cakes and other delightful looking desserts are something I drool over, and someday I want to make one of them, but I`m diabetic, (type 2), and my son has to be super careful or he spikes into the diabetes zone…..plus husband, who LOVES sweets, needs to lose weight and is doing low carb. So….I look and dream, but mostly it’s the savory dishes I end up making, though I have made your grandma’s banana bread, which is my go to recipe for that particular dish. And the Cinncinatti chili……so good! The unique thing about your site is Friday things….LOVE seeing the pictures of your kids and reading about the goings on in all of your lives. Plus, I’m constantly amazed at what a great mommy you are. :)
While I love my sugar, my household usually falls back to our favorite few sweets. I definitely struggle with what to make for dinner – and if I find a main dish then I need to find a side, and vice-a-versa. My spouse won’t touch tomatoes or tomato sauce so any recipe that relies on those is out. I do love finding new sweet recipes to make for one off desserts though, so please don’t get rid of those!
There’s only two of us (though I cook for 4 servings so there’s leftovers) so I’m forever cutting recipes down.
For sure savory. The FDA may be right that we take in way some sodium in processed foods than we need or should have, but sweets are what probably make us one of the most overweight countries in the developed world.
All sweet all the time for me 😊
I have made MANY of your recipes, both sweet and savory, but what first drew me to your site and my personal passion is desserts.
Keep them coming!
P.s. thanks to your readers who posted how to find your Friday Things n Weekend Dish in search box. It sure was helpful.
Mix of savory, sweet, salads, soups etc. Would enjoy new stuff like quick n easy or might we even see an occasional semi homemade…
Sweet pics n stories about kids, and how cute Judith’s paw over your foot.
Kids are are growing up fast!!
Love all of you’r recipes, sweet and savoury.
You are so Blessed!!
Oh please keep the sweets coming! I love ALL your recipes. Love your “Friday Things” love your family and YOU. Thank you for everything you give all of us. You’re the best.
A 50/50 mix. Though I usually use your dessert recipes! Thanks for all you do! I ENJOY your website and blog so much!!
50-50 mix. I like your savory recipes, but definitely use your dessert recipes more.
I very much enjoy your blog daily. As to recipes a mix is good. Meals are what drives our family, not the sweets so much. Sweets for us are for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. which, due to the small size of our family, don’t occur all that often. Your comments about TV viewing go right over our heads because we live on a farm in a rural area. Satellite costs too much to justify and the time isn’t there due to too many things to do. I’m sure others enjoy your comments, but, for us, it’s reading. Thanks for providing the recipes and giving your readers a peek into your young family.
I prefer a mix of recipes! Your precious blondie has the most beautiful hair! Your four-legged Blondie is precious, too!
50/50 mix of both
I only make sweet recipes occasionally, but I am always looking for savory recipes for dinner/meal planning. That is my struggle every week! Have you ever thought about sharing your plan on the blog? Would also love to see Costco finds.
Your kids are so cute and your daughter is your twin!
Agree to all.