Friday Things #446
1. Wearing Halloween cat ears while eating a Halloween sugar cookie and some Halloween skittles… this girl was living her best life last week!
2. And this one has been all-in on watching college football on Saturdays (my husband and I have gotten into it more this year, too!)… he was watching Pitt play while holding a print-out of a Pitt football helmet, using it to root them on 😍
3. Dominic revels in the mornings that Isabelle has preschool and he gets one-on-one time! One day this week he helped my husband outside and yesterday, we read tons of books together 💙
4. I need this t-shirt!
5. How inspiring is this woman?! >> 105-year-old Louisiana woman sets world record in 100-meter dash
6. What is your very favorite Thanksgiving dessert??
7. Such a great mindset shift >> Everything is a Practice
8. November nostalgia is so real to me! Growing up, my grandfather’s family (who lived in Chicago and Wisconsin) always came for an extended visit around Thanksgiving. As kids, there was so much fun and excitement in getting to see relatives we would only see maybe one other time during the year. I can still remember so many sites, smells, sounds; it almost feels like yesterday ❤️
9. How insanely good was the Yellowstone premiere?! Usually when we watch TV at night, I multitask and work or crochet, but when we watch Yellowstone, I just cannot peel my eyes away from the TV, I get totally sucked in. I can’t wait for Sunday, but I really enjoy being able to binge as many episodes as possible in a row 😉
10. TGIF! Those two faces! 💜💜
I always look forward to your posts, recipes, pictures and life’s musings. I will have to check out Yellowstone, I started the first season and then life happened. Your enthusiastic praise of the show has me intrigued. As for my favorite Thanksgiving dessert, for me, pumpkin pie with whipped cream remains a classic.
I Michelle, Love you blogs. Yes, I remember when I was young going to my grandmother’s and all the smells that were cooking. I also, had a great grandmother who would make banana bread. One time she did not make it and my brother was so disappointed that she made the banana bread for him. We usually spent Christmas with my dad’s family. In the summer we went to Santa Barbara to visit my grandfather. The kids are so cute and growing. Love the pictures of you family.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese frosting hands down my favorite Thanksgiving dessert! Pumpkin Pie would be #2
I love hearing about the little ones. I have watched them grow since Joseph is born and feel a Nana’s love for them.
Also your Goldens are so real looking and beautiful.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Judith and Duke are so beautifully groomed. They way both are identically posing is quite remarkable; such fluffy tails. I enjoy hearing about the kids and their different interests. Boy they are growing up so fast.
I enjoyed the Yellowstone premiere as well. I was reading the Daily Mail this am and came upon this article which says Kevin Costner’s non-woke Yellowstone is the most streamed TV show in America. I am including the link in case you might be interested. Have a great weekend with your wonderful family!
As I’m not a fan of pumpkin pie, I’d say pecan pie is my favourite Thanksgiving dessert. I must try watching Yellowstone again; I couldn’t get into it when I tried the first time. Those goldens are gorgeous!
I truly enjoy reading your blog each Friday. Your family is beautiful. You are so blessed and so are we because you share them.
Don’t know how this will be received by you or your readers but would like to comment on the mindset article. Much of this idea is addressed in God’s words. Through His help, we are more able to practice” overcoming the feeling of overwhelm, being frustrated, and finding tasks too difficult. Putting faith in Him, makes achieving peace and happiness easier. Not trying to diminish the article or the author, but instead, adding a way to accomplish the mindset. Thank you for allowing my comment. If you find it inappropriate, please delete.
Oh my goodness, the picture of Duke and Judith is gorgeous. So many of your pictures of them show them relaxed… sleeping or cuddling. In this photo they look like as if they are posing professionally…coats beautifully groomed and fluffy, tails up and curled, alert expersstions. How on earth did you manage to get this shot?
HAve a great weekend with those beautiful pups and your three sweet children.
What a beautiful family (including those fabulous dogs!) you have. I look forward to Friday’s and reading your blog. I love watching your children grow and reading about their accomplishments, trials and tribulations! Such a beautiful family! I also am enjoying your recipes. My family has fallen in love with your chocolate chip cookie recipe! Keep up the great work you do with your three little ones…oh, and I live in Pittsburgh also! May God continue to bless you…
The first 15 minutes of Yellowstone last Sunday were awesome! My favorite show! Your kids are adorable by the way!!
I LOVE seeing my 2 Golden girls outside with each other or standing at the front door looking out the window together. You’re right . . . . those faces!
Pitt football has been exciting to watch this year. We’re also Liberty University people having all of our kids graduates of LU, and we’ve been able to catch a few of their games on TV here in Pittsburgh. Penn State sure has taken a tumble out of the rankings. We’re big football people and it’s been a good season, both college and NFL.
Our youngest is getting married next Saturday and on my list today is making your Italian Pillow Cookies for her cookie table.
Isabelle looks so grownup! Beautiful…
Loved your post this week, especially the link about mindset. Mindset is everything and focusing on that really helps. Thanks for the reminder! Your goldens are so beautiful 😊