Friday Things #459
1. One of my favorite parts of each day is when I drop Joseph off at school; he always, always turns around and finds me in the drop-off circle as he gets close to walking in the doors of the school and waves enthusiastically. It absolutely makes my day, makes my heart swell, and gives it a tug at the same time. I know one day in the not-too-distant future, he may be happy to hop out of the car and not look back (although I hope he always will!), so I’m eating up these moments.
2. Dominic wants to start playing hockey and really, REALLY wants to be a goalie. Most kids dream of scoring all the goals, but he is SO into the idea of being a goalie and honestly, his flexibility and personality seem to be a natural fit for it. He’s such a fun kid!
3. Isabelle is REALLY loving books lately. She “reads” them to her animals and toys and will bring them in the car and get totally absorbed in them. I just adore watching her.
4. Have you heard about Frank the Tank black bear? I have no idea what I’d do if a massive bear just burst through the door!
5. What’s your best kitchen hack? The comments section of that post is gold! Share yours below :)
6. Did you make paczki or king cake this week? Do you have any favorite Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday or Lent food traditions?
7. Our dishwasher sprung a leak 😬 and since it was 13 years old and had some other things wrong with it, we just got a new one. Luckily, we only had to go four days without one, but doing all of the dishes by hand conjured up memories of Sunday dinners at my grandma’s house. She never ever had a dishwasher and after dinner on Sundays, either my mom or aunt would wash and the rest of us would grab towels and dry. I am certainly grateful for the convenience!
8. For those wanting to cut back on Internet or social media time >> How to Make the Internet Small Again
9. We’re inching our way to the end of 1883, still have a couple of episodes left, so no spoilers! I saw they are going to do 1932 next – the story of the Dutton family during the Great Depression. Can’t get enough of everything Yellowstone-related!
10. TGIF! I was ready for the day and Judith was most definitely NOT ready to get out of her cozy bed, ha!
The two sons of my best friend play hockey, and they both play goaltender. The lesson their parents learnt is to save money whenever possible, therefore I recommend shopping for as much used equipment as you can find. Goalie equipment is especially pricey because hockey is not a cheap sport. The older one is a high school junior who plays on both his school and a travel team and aspires to play in college and has converted his younger brother to the sport. drift boss
Changing email server, and don’t want to miss a thing. Love your pictures and post. Please change my email address to email@example.com. Thanks. Stay safe and have a great day.
Since I live only a short distance from Yellowstone (the Park) I love everything Yellowstone too! If you’ve never visited, you must, it is magical, even with the hoards of people now. The TV show does show the beauty that abounds everywhere we look.
All summer we have bears almost nightly in our back yard. Last summer, a medium sized, black bear tried and tried to take our trash can (it’s secured) but he spent about an hour yanking and clawing and chewing and finally jumping on it. His activity activated our motion light and we were able to watch him (from inside) the entire time. It was awesome.
Love the pictures of your children, they are so sweet, you are such a lucky mom!
What kind of dishwasher did you get? We got a Bosch a few years ago and it’s so amazingly quiet. We can’t tell it’s running without looking for the red LED light it projects onto the floor. So far it’s been a total win for us.
I got a Bosch when I’m renovated my kitchen in 2000 and it was still going strong in 2017 when I sold my house. And yes, very quiet…that was one of the selling points.
We got a Bosch! It is insanely quiet and we love the three racks, we’ve been very happy with it so far (it’s only been a few days). We had a Monogram previously and it was quiet as well, but had some other issues before the leak, so we didn’t even look into repair with how old it was.
Your story about Joseph made me cry. So incredibly beautiful and sweet.
My BFF’s two boys play hockey, and they’re both goalies. So my advice to you, that their parents learned, is get as much gear as possible second hand. Hockey isn’t an inexpensive sport, and goalie gear isn’t cheap. Both boys love it and the oldest is a junior in high school and plays for his school and for a travel team with hopes to play in college.
I am enjoying all of your videos and posts on Facebook. My favorites are still about your family, including grandma’s influence. I love seeing how your children are growing. You have a lovely family.
Happy Friday Michelle! I look forward to your Friday posts each week, they are so much fun to read and they remind me that it is FINALLY Friday, TGIF! Joseph, Dominic and Isabelle are so adorable. I can remember the days when I used to drop off my son and daughter, they went to a private school that did not have bus service so I drove them to school every day. My daughter always waved to me, all the way through high school, but by high school my son said goodbye at the car and didn’t look back. Seeing Judith laying there all comfy makes me want to go get back into bed, :). Have a great weekend!
I hope it will never be a problem for you, but if I had to worry about the possibility of a bear breaking into my house – YIKES! – I’d make sure I had a boat horn handy.