Friday Things #459
1. One of my favorite parts of each day is when I drop Joseph off at school; he always, always turns around and finds me in the drop-off circle as he gets close to walking in the doors of the school and waves enthusiastically. It absolutely makes my day, makes my heart swell, and gives it a tug at the same time. I know one day in the not-too-distant future, he may be happy to hop out of the car and not look back (although I hope he always will!), so I’m eating up these moments.
2. Dominic wants to start playing hockey and really, REALLY wants to be a goalie. Most kids dream of scoring all the goals, but he is SO into the idea of being a goalie and honestly, his flexibility and personality seem to be a natural fit for it. He’s such a fun kid!
3. Isabelle is REALLY loving books lately. She “reads” them to her animals and toys and will bring them in the car and get totally absorbed in them. I just adore watching her.
4. Have you heard about Frank the Tank black bear? I have no idea what I’d do if a massive bear just burst through the door!
5. What’s your best kitchen hack? The comments section of that post is gold! Share yours below :)
7. Our dishwasher sprung a leak 😬 and since it was 13 years old and had some other things wrong with it, we just got a new one. Luckily, we only had to go four days without one, but doing all of the dishes by hand conjured up memories of Sunday dinners at my grandma’s house. She never ever had a dishwasher and after dinner on Sundays, either my mom or aunt would wash and the rest of us would grab towels and dry. I am certainly grateful for the convenience!
8. For those wanting to cut back on Internet or social media time >> How to Make the Internet Small Again
9. We’re inching our way to the end of 1883, still have a couple of episodes left, so no spoilers! I saw they are going to do 1932 next – the story of the Dutton family during the Great Depression. Can’t get enough of everything Yellowstone-related!
10. TGIF! I was ready for the day and Judith was most definitely NOT ready to get out of her cozy bed, ha!