Friday Things #466
1. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season and that it brought you peace, joy, and contentment. The kids enjoyed all of the magic that comes along with Christmas ❤️
2. I owe you an update on Dominic! The last time we chatted, I told you that Dominic was being switched to a different immunotherapy treatment but that it could be done in Pittsburgh.
WELL, it CAN, but Pittsburgh’s oncology unit was full for all of the remainder of December and in January, so we had to return to New York for Dominic to receive that treatment the week after Christmas. We left home late afternoon on Christmas day, Dominic was inpatient and receiving treatment Monday through Friday, and then we returned home on New Year’s Eve afternoon.
Dominic handled everything pretty well, a few mild side effects and a lost appetite for a few days, but all in all, it went very well. We will return in a couple of weeks for the next round, after which he will have another full-body scan and bone marrow biopsy.
3. It was nearly 50 degrees and rained so much here yesterday; I kept dreamign it was 30 degrees colder and loads of snow! We got a little bit of snow the week before Christmas, but nothing substantial; what about where you live?
4. What have you done with old photo albums? My mom moved five months ago and gave me boxes of my old photo albums, mostly pictures from middle school, high school, and college, and the boxes have been sitting in the corner of my closet ever since. I have no desire to store them (I hadn’t seen them in probably ten years!), but will I regret just getting rid of them? Should I digitize them?
5. I still haven’t seen The Great British Baking Off, but this list of 15 British Baked Sweets You’ll Want to Try makes me want to binge it! Do you have a favorite British dessert? Mine so far is sticky toffee pudding!
6. Do you have to declutter on your list of to-do’s this year? If so, this list of 20 “First Step” Decluttering Ideas might be a good place to start! My current Achilles heel is my side of the office; it’s a disaster, and I hate walking in there. I need to rip off the band-aid and get to it!
7. Burning question – do you ever quit books? I’m not sure that I ever have, but I’ve gone through a couple of books recently that just seem to take FOR-EV-ER to finish and I’m not anxious to open them up and see what happens next. I don’t like the idea of quitting a book, because it MIGHT get good (I found The Nightingale slow until I was about ½ to ⅔ through the book, and then it flew and I loved it), but I also feel like I could be moving on to something else I can’t put down! Weigh in please 😊
8. A good read >> Why Talking to Stragers is Good For You, Them and All of Us
9. I’m so sad I have to wait until the summer to pick up on Yellowstone again! Beth and Jamie, gah! BUT, we’ve been loving Tulsa Kind and 1923, both are awesome. We also watched The Stranger on Netflix, a good suspenseful show that we both enjoyed. We also started watching All Creatures Great and Small on BritBox when we’re between shows or waiting for a new episode to drop.
10. TGIF! These two snuggle SO much, I can’t get enough…