Friday Things #474
1. Isabelle graduated from pre-k this week! She enjoyed both years of preschool so, so much and is super excited to head to kindergarten in the fall 💖 There was a cute little program, and then we came home and baked chocolate chip cookies together to celebrate 🍪
2. Dominic had another round of treatment last week. It was another week of ups and downs, but he got to spend some time with music therapy partway through the week, and he enjoyed it SO MUCH. Going back to last year when he started chemo, it is the one thing (other than seeing his dad, Joseph, and Isabelle) that really perks him up. When the girl handed him the guitar and asked if he wanted to play, he said, “Where do I put my fingers to play rock and roll?” 💙💙
3. Joseph recently had his biannual blood work for his food allergies, and it was the first time he said he didn’t need me to sit with him, and he did SO AWESOME. He is becoming such a big kid more and more every day.
4. Did you know that Kitchen Aid has a shaved ice attachment for its stand mixers? A perfect summer buy!
5. A few weeks ago, I managed to get strep and have no idea how or where; none of the kids had it, and no one got it after me. Then, the week after, I needed a little dental work done for receding gums, which was not at all pleasant. I give both 0 stars, do not recommend.
6. The ever-popular refrigerator bread and butter pickles recipe got a little refresh this week! New photos and some streamlined information to make the recipe even easier. I hope you’ll keep a jar in your fridge this summer! 😎
7. I finished The Midnight Library while at the hospital last week and LOVED it. So incredibly thought-provoking and an easy, quick read. Next up on my list is Demon Copperhead, but I haven’t started it yet.
8. My husband discovered the Twitter account Today Years Old, and I feel like I have literally been doing everything wrong my entire life 🤦🏻♀️
9. I loved this article about The Wonder Years; it made me want to go back and rewatch the original from the beginning >> “The Wonder Years” Captured Youth in Suburbia Like Never Before on TV
10. TGIF! These two are still loving the cuddles every night!