Friday Things #487
1. This picture I snapped of Isabelle just screams summer to me! I cannot believe that our kids start school next week; this summer has flown by and I am so grateful that we were able to do a lot of fun things. I think everyone is ready for the return of some routines, but gosh, I miss them so much when they’re at school and really love when everyone is home ❤️
2. Yesterday, Dominic had his first two of a total of five tests (four scans and one biopsy) between this week and next week. This is the biggest workup he’s had since being diagnosed last March; the collective results will determine if he is considered free of active disease or if there is more work to be done 💙🙏🏻
3. Do you have any tips for smooth school mornings? I have found that #2 is key for me!
4. I saw someone using this cob corn stripper on Instagram and my mind was blown. I wish I’d had it while Joseph still had his braces, but this is amazing if you’re using fresh corn on the cob in recipes!
5. Love this mindset (from the book Atomic Habits by James Clear) >> “Goals are for people who care about winning once. Systems are for people who care about winning repeatedly.”
6. If you’re looking for a dessert to prolong that summer feeling, classic lemon meringue pie is perfect – bright and fresh!
7. Some really great ideas >> 7 Tips For a Slow and Intentional Day
9. For my fellow crocheters and knitters, have you seen this yarn storage hack? So cool!
10. TGIF! Judith is the world’s best snuggler