A delicious no bake dessert
For the Crust:
- 1¾cupschocolate cookie crumbs(about 20 Oreos)
- 3tablespoonsdark brown sugar
- 6tablespoonsunsalted butter(melted)
- Pinchof salt
For the Filling:
- 6ouncescream cheese(at room temperature)
- ¾cuppowdered sugar
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1¼cups(not chunky or natural)
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 2cupsheavy cream
For the Topping Drizzle:
- 1ouncesemisweet chocolate(finely chopped)
- 2tablespoonspeanut butter
- 1. To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the cookie crumbs, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and toss with a fork until all of the crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then bake until set, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Wipe out the mixing bowl, switch to the whisk attachment and whip the heavy cream on medium-high until soft peaks form. Stir 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten it up. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Transfer the filling to the cooled crust and spread in an even layer. Freeze uncovered for at least 4 hours or up to 1 day covered with plastic wrap.
- 3. To garnish the pie: Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each. Continue until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and snip a tiny bit off the corner. Hold the bag over the pie and drizzle the melted chocolate in a zig-zag pattern. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave using the same method used for the chocolate. Add the melted peanut butter to a resealable plastic bag, snip off a corner and drizzle over the pie. Let stand for about 10 minutes to set. Return to the freeze if not serving immediately.
- 4. Remove the pie from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before you are ready to serve. If you have trouble cutting it, running your knife under warm water will help. Cover leftovers tightly with plastic wrap and foil, and store in the freezer.