This homemade granola is so much better than store bought!
- 2cupsold fashioned oats(not instant or “quick”)
- 1 1/4cupsGrape-Nuts cereal
- 1/8cupcanola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2cupdried fruit(I used a equal parts of raisins, dried berries, and dried mangoes)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Put oats into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl mix the oil and the honey. Whisk briskly with a wire whisk until oil and honey become a homogeneous, sticky syrup.
- 4. Pour the honey/oil mixture onto the oats and stir well until thoroughly blended.
- 5. Place mixture on a foil-lined baking pan and spread out flat and even.
- 6. Roast for about 15-20 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, stir the mixture. Stir again once or twice before it’s done. Remove from the oven to cool (I transferred the granola to another cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to cool).
- 7. When cool add the fruit and toss until combined. Store in a clean, dry, and airtight container.