A classic fruit dessert recipe
For the Peach Filling:
- 6peaches(peeled, pitted & sliced into ¼- to ½-inch slices)
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1cup+ 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinchof ground cinnamon
- Pinchof ground nutmeg
- Pinchof salt
- 4tablespoonsinstant tapioca(ground in a spice grinder)
For the Cobbler Topping:
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1cupcake flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- ½teaspoonbaking soda
- 1teaspoongranulated sugar
- ½cupunsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces((8 tablespoons ))
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Combine the slices peaches, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and tapioca in a large bowl; set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. In the meantime, make the cobbler topping. Whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in another large bowl. Toss the butter pieces with your fingers, and work them into the flour mixture until it is the texture of coarse meal, with little pea-size pieces. Pour the buttermilk on top and, using a fork, mix until just combined.
- 4. Pour the peaches into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Drop the cobbler topping dough by the spoonful all over the peach filling.
- 5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.