No-Bake Peanut Butter Lover’s Pie
I just realized that this is the third of my last five recipes that include peanut butter as some sort of primary ingredient. If you hadn’t figured it out yet, the secret is out… I’m a peanut butter fanatic. I’ve made tons of different peanut butter pie variations (Butterfinger Pie, chocolate-peanut butter pie, frozen peanut butter pie, etc.), but none that celebrated peanut butter solely. From head to toe, this pie is ALL peanut butter. I made the crust with crushed Nutter Butter cookies, then topped it with a peanut butter mousse, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts. This is seriously a peanut butter lover’s dream dessert.
While I was snapping the photos, I realized that you could easily top the pie with some homemade marshmallow creme and turn this into one seriously fantastic Fluffernutter pie. Next time, for sure.
I typically use my food processor to grind up cookie crumbs for crusts, but I found that in this case, they got a little too finely ground, and when mixed with the butter, it was too mushy. The second time, I put the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and hit them with a meat mallet. It was the perfect consistency to mix with the butter, and it created a perfectly firm crust. Go the low-tech route with this one!
If you’re like me and could eat peanut butter by the spoonful (no exaggeration there!), this is a perfect pie to celebrate your love of peanut butter in the middle of summer.
No oven, and you’ll have it finished within 30 minutes, so you can go do summery things.
One year ago: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Two years ago: Bacon, Egg & Hash Brown Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Three years ago Homemade Peanut Butter cups
Four years ago Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Five years ago Spumoni Ice Cream Terrine
Six years ago Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo with Fresh Pasta
No-Bake Peanut Butter Lover's Pie
For the Crust:
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (193.5 g) creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup (90 g) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons (190 ml) + ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup (238 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Make the Crust: Combine the crushed Nutter Butter cookies and the melted butter until evenly moistened, and then press into a 9-inch pie pan. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Make the Filling: Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of the heavy cream on low speed to combine, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip until fluffy, about 1 additional minute. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl; set aside.
- In the empty mixing bowl, add the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream and whip on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Stir one-third of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture with a rubber spatula. Then add the remaining whipped cream in two additions, folding gently with a rubber spatula until no white streaks remain.
- Transfer the peanut butter mousse into the prepared crust and spread into an even layer.
- For the Whipped Cream: In the empty mixing bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and mix on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over the peanut butter filling, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with peanuts. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 3 days.