These cupcakes taste just like breakfast!
For the Cupcakes:
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1½cupswhole milk
- 1ounceunsalted butter, melted and cooled((2 tablespoons))
For the Frosting:
- 8ouncesunsalted butter, at room temperature((1 cup ))
- 2½cupspowdered sugar
- 3tablespoonsmaple syrup
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 3slicesof bacon(cooked, cooled and crumbled)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a standard muffin pan with liners and then spray the liners with non-stick spray (important step!).
- 2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; set aside. In a separate medium bowl whisk together the milk and eggs, then stir in the melted and cooled butter. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until just moistened and combined. Like pancakes, lumps are okay! Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake until puffed and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. To make the frosting, use the whisk attachment of a stand mixer to whip the butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar a little at a time, waiting until it's mostly incorporated before adding more. Once all of the powdered sugar has been added, scrape the sides of the bowl and increase the speed to medium-high and whip until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the maple syrup and the vanilla and whip for another minute or so to incorporate. Add the bacon and mix to combine. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Top with additional crumbled bacon if desired.