No-Bake S’mores Dip
I have always had a huge love affair with s’mores. From the time I was a kid, I couldn’t resist a freshly toasted marshmallow in all of its ooey, gooey glory. When I was in high school, my dad built a little bonfire pit behind our swimming pool so that anytime we had friends over, we could sit around a fire once the sun went down and we always had a stash of marshmallows in the pantry. My parents’ house was surrounded by woods, so we toasted marshmallows the old-fashioned way – on sharp sticks that we pulled off of trees!
Sometimes, though, you don’t have a fire and you still want a s’more! Last winter when I was pregnant, I would regularly make myself a s’more in the evening using our gas stove. You do what you gotta do, right?! This simple dip delivers all the great flavors of s’mores without needing to stand over a campfire to make one.
Remember a couple of weeks ago when we talked about chocolate ganache? I might have said that I could eat it with a spoon. Well, we’re going to eat it with graham crackers (and marshmallows, of course!). Using a modified ganache recipe instead of just straight chocolate ensures that the chocolate stays creamy and easily dippable (is that a word?). I’ve found that melted chocolate that’s allowed to sit can kind of clump up and get a weird consistency, so the addition of cream solves that problem.
I used my kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows on top, but you could always pop this into the oven under the broiler for a couple of minutes to achieve the same effect.
For me, it’s not summer without s’mores and this dip means that I can eat s’mores anytime, with or without a fire for toasting marshmallows!
No-Bake S'mores Dip
- 16 ounces (453.59 g) milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ cups (357 ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups (150 g) miniature marshmallows
- Graham crackers, for serving
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it reaches a simmer. Pour over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the mixture, beginning in the center, until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a shallow serving dish and top with the miniature marshmallows. Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows; serve with graham crackers.