I’m Michelle, the creator of Brown Eyed Baker and I’m so happy that you’ve found our corner of the food world!
If this is your first time here, this page will help you navigate the most-used resources on the site. I hope you’ll pull up a kitchen stool and stay awhile!
About Brown Eyed Baker
My food preferences are admittedly simple and uncomplicated. I enjoy desserts, comfort foods, and easy dinners; I shy away from gourmet ingredients and trends, as well as complex preparations. This is all reflected on what you’ll find here on Brown Eyed Baker – recipes that are approachable and can be tackled by novice home cooks and bakers.
I do almost all of my baking and cooking from scratch, but you’ll occasionally find recipes that include some shortcut ingredients. Let’s be honest – everyone needs an easy shortcut one time or another!
For more information about how Brown Eyed Baker began, visit our About page.
Do you want to browse through all of the recipes on Brown Eyed Baker? Visit the Recipe Index, where you’re able to browse recipes by category (i.e. brownies, cakes, main dishes, etc.), by season, by holidays and special occasions, and by ethnicity. In addition, you can also search recipes by ingredient? Do you have a bag of Heath toffee bits burning a hole in your pantry? Simply click on that ingredient to find all of the recipes that use it!
In My Kitchen
Want to know the specific ingredients and equipment that I use in my kitchen and recommend to others? Visit our Shop page, where can browse through everything I use and love!
If you’d like a more in-depth discussion of those items, see the following posts:
Most Popular Recipes
Curious as to what the most popular recipes of all time are? These are what BEB readers love the most!
- Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Whiskey Ganache and Irish Cream Frosting
- The Baked Brownie
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
- Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Margarita Cupcakes
- A FAQ page outlines many of the common recipe, blogging and general questions that are received.
- If you’re curious about the food photos on the site, check out the Photography page.
- You may find the Conversions and Substitutions pages to be helpful when making recipes.
- Follow along as I cross items off my baking bucket list!
Keeping in Touch
Do you love desserts, comfort food and simple recipes? Then be sure to subscribe via email to receive the most recent updates in your inbox!
Interested in Blogging?
If you’re interested in starting your own blog, I wrote a five-step plan on how to start a food blog, which includes a ton of resources to help you get going!