Top 10 List: Favorite Cookie Recipes

Coooooookies!! You know, Cookie Monster really has it right. He loves life, and tackles the world one cookie at a time. And he makes no apologies for his unbridled love for the sweets that make his eye go all googly. This is my kinda man monster.

As the list of recipes stored on Brown Eyed Baker continues to grow, older recipes fall deeper into the archives. While I highlight some all-time and recent favorites over on the sidebar, those are based on reader traffic. I wanted to take the opportunity to share with you what MY favorite recipes are, so I have developed a Top 10 List series. Each week I will highlight a particular category of recipes and share with my 10 all-time favorites. Some of them may be popular and some may be long-lost in the archives. I’ll keep links to the lists over on the sidebar for easy reference. Now you’ll be able to quickly see which recipes are my favorites too! And since everyone loves cookies, it was the obvious starting point for this little project.

So without further ado, here are my 10 favorite cookie recipes on the site (in alphabetical order)…

My 10 Favorite Cookie Recipes on BEB

7. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

8. Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

9. Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing

Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing

10. Ultimate Ginger Cookies

What are YOUR favorite cookie recipes?

46 Responses to “Top 10 List: Favorite Cookie Recipes”

1. Baking Serendipity on April 26, 2011 at 12:08 am

Those carrot cake cookies sound awesome! I definitely needed this post today…new neighbors are moving in across the street and I just told my husband we should bring them over a plate of cookies. I’ve been trying to think of new recipes…and here are ten awesome ones! Thank you :)

2. jaclyn@lifeoftodayslady on April 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

This is so weird! We just made your Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for the first time on Thursday! I declared them “The absolute best oatmeal raisin cookies I’ve ever eaten!”. They really are and I can understand why they’d be on this list:) Now I’ll have to try the others, how could I not?!

3. Abby on April 26, 2011 at 2:18 am

I tried your snickerdoodle recipe a while back and I really liked it!

4. Pudding Pie Lane on April 26, 2011 at 4:16 am

The Italiam fig cookies look so pretty! And then there’s the peanut butter one, anything with peanut butter gets a thumbs up from me :) My favourite one is this recipe my mum’s friend gave to me, it’s got oats in so it has an amazing texture.

5. Gwenevere on April 26, 2011 at 4:19 am

Definitely a post worth bookmarking. You must not have kids at home that watch sesame street though – I’ve yet to ever see Cookie Monster take ONE cookie at a time. :)

6. Rebecca on April 26, 2011 at 6:28 am

I love your peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (and so does everyone who tried them!). I just made some coconut macaroons with chocolate ganache for Easter dessert and they’re one of my new favorites :)

7. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on April 26, 2011 at 6:34 am

I already made your number 8 and 9. both fantastic! I really need to try your Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!

8. MonicaB on April 26, 2011 at 7:03 am

My favorite cookie is one hot from the oven!! My family has decided that the Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best in the world. This is the one they always ask me to make.

9. Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! on April 26, 2011 at 7:27 am

Yum! These all look awesome! I love your no bake chocolate, pb, and oatmeal cookies too :) I love making what I call “everything but the kitchen sink cookies” – where I add whatever kinds of baking chips and other fun add-ins I have on hand. It’s a different cookie every time!

10. Jackie on April 26, 2011 at 7:40 am

Double chocolate cookies! Great site!!

11. Jackie from La Casa de Sweets on April 26, 2011 at 7:41 am

These gingered carrot cookies look good, too!

12. Katie on April 26, 2011 at 8:40 am

This is my all time favorite cookie: http://wonintheoven.blogspot.com/2011/02/best-ever-sugar-cookies.html

They are the BEST every Sugar Cookie. It is a recipe that will knock your socks off. I got it from my In-laws.

You have lots of GREAT cookie recipes here, I would love to try the fig one.

13. Patty on April 26, 2011 at 8:49 am

They all look delicious! Can’t wait to try some of them!

14. BrandyK on April 26, 2011 at 9:28 am

What a great post! Love the favorite cookie run down. Thanks! :)

15. Jess Wakasugi on April 26, 2011 at 9:57 am

I don’t THINK I’m a huge fig fan, but your picture is making my mouth water! Might have to try those out… :)

16. Robyn {Planet Byn} on April 26, 2011 at 10:13 am

i just made those peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies a couple weeks ago when i was at home sick. they made me feel better!

17. Gretta on April 26, 2011 at 10:16 am

I also really wish that your Better than Brownies Cookies could have been on this list too! They were sooooo good!

• Michelle on April 26th, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hi Gretta, Those are definitely amazing, and narrowing the list was super difficult, but these are the 10 that I crave and make over and over again. There are still others that I love, including the better than brownies cookies :)

18. Emily (The Culinary Couple) on April 26, 2011 at 10:26 am

I will take one of each, please. OK, two of the thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies.

My most recent favorite cookie is a pumpkin oatmeal one with white chocolate chips and dried cherries: http://theculinarycouple.com/2010/10/08/pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies-with-white-chocolate-chips-and-dried-cherries/. Yum!

19. jen @ the baked life on April 26, 2011 at 10:56 am

mmmm cookies.

Cookie monster sounds alot like the husband. Maybe that’s why I love both of them. The fig cookies look amazing.

20. LARK + LINEN on April 26, 2011 at 10:57 am

YUM!! definitely going to have to try a bunch of these recipes

21. Hannah at FleurDeLicious on April 26, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love this post! The thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are crazy awesome…and I can’t wait to try the salted double chocolate peanut butter. Thanks for some great cookie inspiration :)

22. Jamie-lee on April 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love the pb/oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies. Everyone I know agrees they are the best cookies ever invented! I cant wait to give somof these other cookies a try!

23. d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo on April 26, 2011 at 11:32 am

This is wonderful – I’m baking cookies this week to send to my little brother!

24. RLV @ bittensweetblog.com on April 26, 2011 at 11:41 am

Mmm. I’d love to eat all of them! Hehe. Thanks for the post — it’s going to be hard to pick just one!

25. Michelle on April 26, 2011 at 12:50 pm

The thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are by far the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever had. It has become my go to recipe every time I bake chocolate chip cookies. I combine all purpose flour with white whole wheat flour and they’re still delicious! The peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip version are also delightful.

26. Emily @ Life On Food on April 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Simple M&M cookies. Even better when the M&Ms are fun festive colors.

27. Erin @ Making Memories on April 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

What a great list! They all look so good! Thansk!

28. Lauren on April 26, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Love love love the Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies!!!

29. Happy When Not Hungry on April 26, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I love cuccidati! Your peanut butter snickers cookies look amazing as well!

30. Christina on April 26, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I loved the Peanut Butter Snickers cookies!

31. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen on April 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I made your PB Oatmeal Choc Chip cookies about a year ago (?). They were amazing and I had about 10 people ask for your recipe!! Mmm!

32. The Flourishing Foodie on April 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm

All of these cookies look so great. I am intrigued by the Italian Fig Cookies. I must make them tomorrow!

33. Ryan on April 26, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Just made the Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. YUM!!! :)

34. leslie on April 26, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Ahh I love the cookie monster he is so cute and fuzzy!
    My favorite cookie..can I say I love them all???

35. Rachel on April 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I think cookies may be my favorite dessert/snack/breakfast (ssh!)!

I haven’t tried some of your favorites but they all sound delish!

36. The Chocolate Priestess on April 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I was pleased to see several chocolate varieties on your top ten.

37. Meryl on April 30, 2011 at 4:09 am

My favorite cookies are Chocolate Espresso Chews! Also, Thomas Keller’s Chocolate Chip Cookies.

38. RisaG on May 14, 2011 at 10:43 pm

they all look wonderful. I am a huge fan of a good cookie. Crunchy, chocolate-y, or filled with oats and fruit. The perfect snack. 2 cookies and some milk. Thanks for the wonderful selection.

39. kimA on August 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

OMG! I could smell baking cookies just reading this article! I can’t wait to try all of them!

40. Sheliah on August 15, 2011 at 6:45 pm

The other day I saw on TV a chocolate chip cookie that was super thin. They used flat chocolate chips. Any of your recipes like that? I would love a recipe for them.
    Love you site! I want to try everything!
    Sheliah

• Michelle on August 18th, 2011 at 10:19 am

Oooh that’s interesting. I’ve never seen flat chips. I must admit though, I love my chocolate chip cookies to be big and thick!

41. Trish on October 13, 2011 at 11:34 pm

In no particular order these would be my top ten favourite cookies:
    1) Butterscotch Chip
    2) Nutty Toffee Bit
    3) White Chunk Macadamia Nut
    4) Spicy Ginger
    5) Chai Tea
    6) Cranberry White Chocolate Pecan
    7) Mexican Wedding Cake
    8) Macaroons
    9) Butter Pecan
    10) Whipped Shortbread
    There are so many more..I just love cookies and baking them too!

42. Janelle on August 18, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Please Please Please, Brown Eyed Baker – you are my only hope! Once I stumbled on your site you have been my absolute “GO TO” site for perfectly perfect awesome cookies. I find in you the obsessed perfect-cookie seeker I bake (at 375 degrees, check and turn pans half way through then swap top to bottom) within my soul! So, PLEASE – I NEED a copycat recipe for Mother’s ™ English Tea Cookies. I’ve found the Taffy Cookie recipe, but my husband swoons only for the English Tea variety. Can you help, oh Cookie Guru of mine?

• Michelle on August 19th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Hi Janelle, Unfortunately, I’ve never had Mother’s English Tea Cookies! Are these something you buy at the store? I’ll do some research :)

43. colleen sutherland on May 1, 2014 at 11:37 am

I bet when you make these for your family will love you for it