10 of the Best Zucchini Recipes

10 Best Zucchini Recipes

We’re into the second half of June and if you’ve planted a garden this year, I’m guessing that you’re starting to see some zucchini plants blossom. Last year, my mom and I planted a raised bed and were a little overzealous with our plants. As a result, we were swimming in zucchini for much of the summer. I swear they multiplied like rabbits every single day! I’ve put together all of my zucchini recipes here in one place, so in the event that you’re in need of using up some extra zucchini, you’ll have at least 10 recipes at your fingertips!

1. Beer-Battered Zucchini Fries

8. Zucchini-Pineapple Bread

Zucchini-Pineapple Bread

9. Zucchini-Pineapple Cupcakes with Orange Sour Cream Frosting

Zucchini-Pineapple Cupcakes with Orange Sour Cream Frosting

10. Zucchini Squares

Zucchini Squares

Do you have a favorite zucchini recipe?

Feel free to share it in the comments below!

31 Responses to “10 of the Best Zucchini Recipes”

1. Tieghan on June 17, 2013 at 12:57 am

These all look so good!! I love Zucchini!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks on June 17, 2013 at 2:10 am

I love using zucchini in quickbreads and cakes b/c it makes them so moist AND it works in extra texture and the benefits of vegetables. Since you asked, my fave is this cake

I love all your links – especially that choc bread and the cupcakes and the cake with pineapple.

3. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on June 17, 2013 at 2:58 am

What a great round-up! I always have extra zucchini just lying around the fridge and now I can use them up in so many different ways!

4. Meg on June 17, 2013 at 3:10 am

I love zucchini so much! It’s so versatile and easy to cook and bake with. I thought I’d add this recipe to your list, it is for Gluten-free cupcakes using duck eggs, zucchini and saffron. You could just as easily use regular flour and normal eggs too, but they are really delicious and so light and fluffy.

meg-made Duck egg, Zucchini and Saffron cupcakes

xx

5. Sally on June 17, 2013 at 4:24 am

I love zucchini and I even use it as a low carb substitute for shredded hash browns. Just shred, squeeze the excess water out, add a bit of starch and brown in olive oil.

6. Hari Chandana on June 17, 2013 at 4:51 am

Wonderful collection.. thanks for sharing!!

7. Jamie @lifelovelemons on June 17, 2013 at 6:03 am

Amazing! LOVE zucchini in the summer (as you can see from my latest post ;) )

8. Nomi on June 17, 2013 at 7:15 am

Check out the zucchini brownies on Two Peas And Their Pod. Egg and corn product free.
    You can also do a layered thing with sauteed/roasted/grilled zucchini over polenta with mushrooms and covered in chunky tomato sauce. With or without cheese on top. And you can shred and drain it and add it to lasagna to bulk it up and increase veggie intake.

9. Kasha the FarmGirl on June 17, 2013 at 7:56 am

Yum! I’m going to be picking the very first of this year’s zucchini today and I will be trying those beer-batter fries. WOW!

Thanks for the round-up!

10. marie @ little kitchie on June 17, 2013 at 8:20 am

Yum, yum! I cannot get enough zucchini right now! Great round up!

11. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat on June 17, 2013 at 8:25 am

This is an awesome list! Thanks for putting this together!

12. Master Chefette on June 17, 2013 at 8:29 am

Love this post! Zucchini really is so versatile! I always just make this as a matter of habbit! http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/9335/zucchini+prosciutto+slice I have seen zucchini chocolate cakes though which look amazing!

13. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on June 17, 2013 at 10:14 am

Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies. I love to bake with it, grill it, or eat it raw in salads. Your dishes all look great! Now I just need a garden.

14. The Twilight Chef on June 17, 2013 at 10:24 am

What a great collection of recipes, I particularly like the sweet recipes – they are really interesting. Looking forward to trying them.

15. Kathy on June 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

Yum! The zucchini squares look delicious! My friend just made a chocolate zucchini cake with a cream cheese icing that was wonderful!

16. Sharon T on June 17, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’ve always loved zucchini………from breads to relish to just plain old veggies. When my children were young, I needed something else to do with it, so one day I had some leftover rice and I layered the rice with the zucchini and sliced tomatoes and cheddar cheese. I seasoned between each layer and made a little custard with milk and eggs to pour over. Then I baked it and it turned out to be a favorite dish and even though my children are now in their thirties, I still get asked to make this dish.

17. Joshua Hampton (Cooking Classes San Diego) on June 17, 2013 at 11:30 am

Zucchini is really one of the most versatile foods out there. They can be used in almost anything. Thanks for sharing these recipes.

18. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet on June 17, 2013 at 11:40 am

Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies and love to put it into bread! I bet the pineapple zucchini bread is great!

19. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on June 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I love zucchini, fab round-up!

20. Nessa on June 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I hope to make all of these!

21. christine on June 17, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I do not have any zucchini in the garden yet, but am saving all your 10 best receipes for when I do.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Look and sound yummy!!!!

22. Jerianne on June 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm

My favorite Zucchini Recipe is from a Pillsbury Bakeoff :

Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie. It is Delish!:

23. Jerianne on June 17, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Another favorite Zucchini recipe is Zucchini Chocolate Cake recipe from an old cookbook, adapted from “Eat Your Heart Out” circa 1978. Here it is for your summer overrun of zucchini run…

ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CAKE

1/4 C. softened Butter
    ½ C. Vegetable Oil
    1 3/4 c. White Sugar
    2 Eggs
    1 t. Vanilla
    2 ½ c unsifted Flour
    1/4 c. Cocoa
    ½ tsp. Baking Powder
    1 t. Baking Soda
    ½ t. Cinnamon
    ½ t. Cloves
    2 c. grated Zucchini
    ½ c. Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or milk)
    ½ c. Sour Milk or Buttermilk
    1 t. Salt
    1 c. nuts of your choice – *optional for you, but not for me. :D

Combine all ingredients.
    Bake in greased 9×13″ or bundt pan for 45 min. to one hour.

24. Nancy D. on June 17, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Zucchini Relish
    This relish taste like bread and butter pickles. So good and so easy to make.
    5 cups (go ahead and pack them down and heap them a bit) shredded zucchini or summer squash uncooked
    2 cups onion grated
    1 TBS + 1 tsp salt
    Mix ingredients together in bowl (glass or ceramic is best). Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
    Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
    Put zucchini mix in large pot and add:
    ½ tsp. dry mustard
    ½ tsp. nutmeg
    ½ tsp. turmeric
    ½ tsp. black pepper
    ½ tsp. celery seed
    1 TBS corn starch
    1 cup + 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
    2 ¼ cups sugar
    1 can (or two small jars) pimento diced
    Bring to low boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
    Seal in jars. You can have jars ready in oven on low so they are hot. Fill with hot relish, put on lids and rings, flip upside down for 20 minutes. Flip right side up and they will seal themselves. You will start to hear them popping after a few minutes to half an hour depending on how warm the room is. No need for pressure cooker or water bath. Never had a bad jar with this method.

25. Destanie on June 17, 2013 at 8:21 pm

OMG thank you!

26. Lisa B on June 17, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I love King Arthur Flour’s Chocolate Zucchini Cake with their chocolate frosting recipe. I also love my husband’s zucchini fritters–I think the recipe is from America’s Test Kitchen.

27. Rebecca on June 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

Would the zucchini cornbread work as mini-muffins? I want to make it for a BBQ this weekend, and think it will work better in smaller, individual portions. If so, how long would you bake them for?

• Michelle on June 22nd, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Hi Rebecca, I think so, although I haven’t done it. I can’t give you a time since I haven’t done it, but know you’ll need to significantly reduce it.

28. Laura Dembowski on June 21, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I love zucchini! It is great roasted in the oven for a quick side dish, but there’s nothing better than a big slice of zucchini bread! The zucchini cornbread sounds super interesting.

29. Michelle K on June 23, 2013 at 11:30 am

I LOVVVVVEEEE Zucchini <3 These recipes look great! Thanks for sharing.

30. Kristi on June 25, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Of course the beer battered zucchini looks good to me. :)