The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: The 10 Most Popular Recipes

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: The 10 Most Popular Recipes

As 2013 winds to a close, it’s time for the annual roundup of the most popular recipes that were posted during the year. It wouldn’t be an end-of-year celebration without it! As usual, there were a variety of treats that made the list, but this was definitely the year of cake, cheesecake, DIY recipes and spicy dishes. I always look forward to putting this list together and uncovering which of the recipes were among the reader favorites for the year. So much fun! Enjoy the little trip down the foodie memory lane; perhaps you’ll even uncover a recipe you missed or forgot about it!

(View roundups from previous years here: 201220112010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.)

10. Homemade Nutella

4. Better Than “Anything” Cake

Better Than “Anything” Cake

3. New York-Style Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Topping

New York-Style Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Topping

2. Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

And now, the most popular recipe posted on Brown Eyed Baker during 2013…

:: drum roll ::

1. Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder

Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder

Stay tuned… tomorrow I’ll be sharing a list of my favorite recipes from 2013 that didn’t make the list above!

What was your favorite recipe on Brown Eyed Baker during 2013??

33 Responses to “The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2013: The 10 Most Popular Recipes”

1. Janne on December 30, 2013 at 12:29 am

Oooh, I can definitely vouch for those oreo cheesecake bars! They were a real crowd favourite. There are so many recipes here that I am yet to make, and they all look so good!

2. Ellen on December 30, 2013 at 3:34 am

It wasn’t from this year, but I’ve gone back to your salsa recipe a lot!

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks on December 30, 2013 at 3:59 am

You have had so many amazing recipes come out of your kitchen this year that I can’t even think of half of them. It’s interesting that a savory recipe and a soup was your #1. I think of your blog as mostly as baking blog and not as much savory and that’s a-okay with me :) It’s always interesting to me what readers deem their favorite. For me, sometimes it jives with what were my faves and other times, not as much. Off to pin that soup :)

• Michelle on December 30th, 2013 at 8:42 am

It is surprising! Last year’s #1 was a savory, too – Loaded Baked Potato Dip. Good to know people enjoy the variety :)

• Dana on January 2nd, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I made the Potato Dip for my work Thanksgiving Potluck this year && it was AMAZING!! ((and easy))

4. Mediterranean Baby on December 30, 2013 at 6:32 am

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream!! It was excellent.

5. Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness on December 30, 2013 at 7:07 am

These look fab! I need that snickers cake and those oreo cheesecake bars in my face 5 minutes ago! I am pretty new to this blog so it’s interesting to see a list of all the fav recipes and it makes me want to try a bunch! It’s surprising that soup was numero uno, but chipotle is always a winner in my books! Tryin’ that baby out for sure. Happy New Year!

6. buttercream bakehouse on December 30, 2013 at 7:22 am

You certainly had a fabulous year. Your homemade nuetella is amazing. I have always loved your blog and your photography. Keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2014.

7. Jamie @ Dishing Out Health on December 30, 2013 at 7:48 am

Coming across the Snickers cake on Pinterest is what first led me to your page! I can’t wait to see what decadent masterpieces you post in 2014 :)

8. Vicki Pieranunzi on December 30, 2013 at 9:56 am

My favorite was the fresh green bean casserole. You made it for Thanksgiving, then I made it for Christmas. So much better than the old recipe.

9. Sandy on December 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

I loved making the many kinds of Blondie recipes. I was partial to the macadamia nut, coconut and white chocolate Blondie.

10. Anaisa on December 30, 2013 at 10:22 am

The Snickers cake!!!!!!!!, the best cake i’ve ever made and tasted, loved it

11. Zainab @ Blahnik Baker on December 30, 2013 at 10:30 am

Your recipes are always so amazing!! I can personally vouch for the ultimate chocolate cupcakes…they were to die for!! Sad the six layer chocolate malt cake didn’t make the list. That’s my favorite!!

12. Michele on December 30, 2013 at 10:42 am

I have made that Chipotle Chicken Corn Chowder SO …many times! It’s my family’s favorite. I’ve stocked my sons freezer at PITT with lots of batches this past year!

13. Kelly P. on December 30, 2013 at 10:57 am

I have baked several of year recipes this year and I believe that you have the best food blog out there. Just like everyone else, I love Friday’s with the pictures of your puppies. It’s a wonderful way to end the week. I baked the snickers cake for my son’s birthday and it is just as grand to look at as to eat – the best ever! My family loved your Grandmother’s pillow cookies at Thanksgiving and your thumbprint cookies at Christmas. I also love when you share kitchen gadgets and other things that you enjoy. BEB keep up the wonderful blog that I look forward to everyday and have a happy blessed New Year!

14. Courtney on December 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

I just have to vouch for the Snickers Cake. My mom and I made it for my birthday this year, and it was one of the best cakes that we have ever had. I am definitely looking forward to my birthday just so I can request that cake again :) Cannot wait to see what you have in store for next year!

15. Better With Sugar on December 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Buckeye Brownies were definitely my favourite. I looooooove peanut butter and chocolate, and those are now on my list of go-to desserts that I know everyone will love. Can’t get enough of that peanut butter filling! mmmmmm

16. Kira - HealthAble Old Soul on December 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I love making my own nut butters. It just seems so much better! Wait to go for Homemade Nutella as #1

17. Lynne on December 30, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I have a question – how do you determine what the most popular recipes are?While I’ve made quite a few recipes from your blog, a lot were from the archives – they probably were covered in a “round up”, but that doesn’t count. As far as number of times made, crowd pleaser, etc., The Coconut-Vanilla Bean Cake with Coconut Meringue Buttercream Frosting is the winner. I’ve made it 3x now, and it’s such a nice change from your standard chocolate cake.
    2nd choice, and probably my personal favorite, were the Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes.
    I made the Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate ice cream and added almonds to make it “almond joy” – that was a hit, especially with my mom because it’s her favorite flavor.
    Just this weekend I made the Creamy Mushroom Fontina Pasta, and that was really good – love a pasta dish, especially with mushrooms!
    I made those Oreo Cheesecake Bars, but didn’t really like them at all. I’ve decided I don’t like the sour taste of the cream cheese with my Oreos.
    I would never make corn chowder – I have an aversion to corn floating in my soup – that mush texture thing, but I guess I’ll have to try the Snicker’s cake. I loved that story about your Dad.

• Michelle on December 30th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hi Lynne, The most popular recipes in this list are determined by the amount of traffic each post has gotten. As of right now, there is no rating system on the recipes on the site.

18. Jen of My Tiny Oven on December 30, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Everything you make looks amazing! I have made so many of your recipes and they always turn out perfectly! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

19. Dawn on December 30, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Thanks for always listing these at the end of the year! It gives me a chance to catch the ones I missed during the year. You rock!! :)

20. Erica on December 30, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I made your sausage cornbread for Christmas this year and it was such a huge hit! Thanks for posting great recipes that are anyone can make.

21. Laura Dembowski on December 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I’m so surprised a savory recipe was at the top of the list. It just goes to show you can make awesome sweet and savory recipes!

22. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie on December 30, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Great list! I can always rely on your recipes as being both delicious and dependable.

23. Clare on December 30, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Do I have to pick one favorite?! I’ve made your Snickers cake, ultimate chocolate cupcakes, buckeye brownies, Snickers bars, tiramisu cupcakes recently and every single thing was met with rave reviews! Maybe you should consider giving away a Jenny Craig subscription for 2014 as I’m going to need one if I keep this up!
    I will definitely be trying that soup recipe too!

24. Emily @ Life on Food on December 31, 2013 at 6:46 am

There are some really amazing recipes in this list. The Cheddar Biscuits are my ultimate favorite. Wish I could have some now.

25. Tiffany on December 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I made the Snickers cake for my 30th birthday this year. It was amazing! I am now bookmarking the rest of the list!

26. Kevin @ Closet Cooking on December 31, 2013 at 8:53 pm

What a tasty year! Happy New Year!

27. Maria in NJ on May 7, 2014 at 6:49 am

Michelle I think it was me…I swear I was so addicted to your corn chicken soup I think I made it once a week last winter….I just love that recipe!! Thank YOU!!!!

28. briana and selena on May 20, 2014 at 9:28 pm

im hungry now thanks alot :(

29. Tashiana on June 1, 2014 at 8:46 am

That snickers cake is insane x 10000!!

30. Kim Pawell on June 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Your soup looks fabulous. What a great combination of flavors. Potatoes, corn and chipotle are one of my favorite combos. Looking forward to trying this.