Copycat Bloomin’ Onion Dipping Sauce
This dipping sauce tastes exactly like the one you’ll find at Outback Steakhouse and is perfect for your favorite onion rings!
About ten years ago, I was on a serious Outback Steakhouse takeout bender. Anytime I was in the vicinity of one around mealtime, I would get an order of their chicken tenders (my favorite!). They are wonderfully crunchy and delicious, and the only thing that tops them is the famous bloomin’ onion. Talk about addicting! While the onion itself is amazing, the dipping sauce that goes along with makes it, in my opinion.
I’m big on appetizers and I’m huge on dipping sauces, so it’s no surprise that I fell head over heels in love with that bloomin’ onion dipping sauce. It has a nice kick and is a perfect vehicle for shoveling in piece after piece of battered, fried onion. It takes 5 minutes to make and is a must if you’re going to make onion rings at home!
Stay tuned for an awesome (and easy!) homemade onion ring recipe tomorrow!
Do you have a favorite dipping sauce? Share it below!
Four years ago: Boston Baked Beans
Five years ago: Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Six years ago: How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker
Eight years ago: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Copycat Bloomin' Onion Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup (112 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) paprika
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) dried oregano
- Dash ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until completely combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Leftover dipping sauce can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.