A dry mix for the perfect pancakes whenever you need them!
For the "Instant" Pancake Mix:
- 6cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 3teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1tablespoonkosher salt
To make pancakes:
- 4tablespoonsmelted butter
- 2cups"Instant" Pancake Mix
- 1stick butter(for greasing the pan)
- 2cupsfresh fruit such as blueberries(if desired)
- To make the "Instant" Pancake Mix:
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients in a lidded container. Shake to mix.
- Note: Use the mix within 3 months.
- 2. Heat an electric griddle or frying pan to 350 degrees F. Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- 3. Whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the melted butter.
- 4. Combine the buttermilk mixture with the egg yolk mixture in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Pour the liquid ingredients on top of the pancake mix. Using a whisk, mix the batter just enough to bring it together. Don't try to work all the lumps out.
- 5. Check to see that the griddle is hot by placing a few drops of water onto to the griddle. The griddle is ready if the water dances across the surface.
- 6. Lightly butter the griddle. Wipe off thoroughly with a paper towel. (No butter should be visible.)
- 7. Gently ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle and sprinkle on fruit if desired. When bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancake and the griddle-side of the cake is golden, gently flip the pancakes. Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set.
- 8. Serve immediately or remove to a towel-lined baking sheet and cover with a towel. Hold in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes.