1. I didn’t post a Friday Things last week, so let’s talk Christmas! Did you have a good holiday? It’s my absolute favorite time of the year, and this season was no different. I’ve loved sitting on the couch next to the glow of Christmas tree lights and spending lots of time with family. I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well.
2. My brother-in-law bought my husband and I a Dropcam for Christmas so that we can peek in on what Einstein and Duke are up to when we leave the house. It’s actually something we had been talking about buying for awhile, so it was the perfect gift. We set it up for the first time earlier this week when we went to my doctor’s appointment and were gone for about three hours. The entire time we were gone we were checking in on our phones and found that… both Duke and Einstein laid down and slept right in the doorway between our kitchen and mudroom, which is like two feet from the door that leads out the garage. It made us super sad! We thought that perhaps they played, chewed on rawhides, etc. while we were gone.
3. Speaking of my doctor’s appointment, I’m now 38 weeks +4 days and the doctor said the baby could come anytime now; it could be today, tomorrow or three weeks from now. There’s no way of knowing, so we’re just waiting (im)patiently! The nursery is completely ready and everything that needs to be assembled and washed is done, drawers and baskets are organized… now the little guy just needs to make his grand entrance!
5. How did you ring in the New Year? We had a relaxing night at home with our parents, hanging out, watching some sports, playing some cards and, of course, eating! Over the course of the last two days, we’ve eaten the following, and then some: veggie pizza, pepperoni bread, slow cooker spicy beef queso dip, buttermilk waffles, beer and brown sugar kielbasa and sauerkraut, and slow cooker macaroni and cheese. It’s been a delicious few days :)
6. Did you make any New Year’s resolutions? I haven’t yet… some years I do and some I don’t… share yours and inspire me!
7. I love this list of 12 Things “Back to the Future” Promised We’d Have by 2015. I think the closest we’ve come is Google Glass; I’m still waiting on my hoverboard and self-drying jacket.
8. If you often need to scale recipes down, this infographic for how to cut a recipe in half is perfect! Beware there is one typo on it, however – half of ¼ cup is 2 TABLESPOONS, not 2 teaspoons, as the image states. This would be great to print out and keep in the kitchen!
9. We need to discuss the Homeland finale! What did you think? I was loving it until the very end, now I want the next season to start immediately! I hate the waiting. At least The Americans is starting back up at the end of January, and then House of Cards in February. I might need to do a House of Cards marathon to remember everything that happened!
10. TGIF! These guys are busy recovering from the holidays today… so much excitement and so many visitors!