1. I hope you had an incredibly fabulous Christmas holiday with loved ones this week. Although we were all still under the weather, it was wonderful to see the boys having fun. Dominic preferred to lay in the middle of the floor with wrapping paper instead of actually opening the presents, but Joseph was just so excited about everything and it was such a blast.
2. I am, however, seriously disappointed in myself because I didn’t manage to watch ONE Christmas movie this year! Well, I take that back… I did see A Charlie Brown Christmas and Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas multiple times because that’s all Joseph has wanted to watch for weeks :)
3. As much as I love, love, love the holidays, I’m definitely starting to crave getting back into a bit of a routine (as much as a routine as I can have with two little ones, ha). Am I insane? Maybe being sick around Christmas has me holiday-ed out much faster this year.
4. Fun news! My Instant Pot arrived! I haven’t made anything in it yet because it came when I was already sick, and then we had Christmas festivities and we’ve been living off of leftovers, so I’m excited to break it in! Send me allllll your favorite Instant Pot recipes!
5. I hardly ever go to Starbucks, but I’m dying to try one of their new tuxedo drinks… they sound delicious!
6. If you’re planning on tackling a Whole 30 in January, I wrote a recap of my thoughts, experiences, and advice when I first did one a couple of years ago, and you can find it here. While I’m not planning to do a legit Whole 30, I would like to try to reign things in and focus on more vegetables and less sweets. I saw that Pinch of Yum is planning a sugar free January challenge, and while I’m not going that hard core, I’m looking forward to seeing the recipes she posts!
7. Totally embarrassing, but if you follow me on Instagram and have sent me a direct message in the past, I JUST unearthed where they have been living. I know, I live under a rock. SO… apologies for never responding, and now I’ll be able to! #facepalm
8. Do you have any New Year’s Eve plans? We’ll be low key here, as usual. Probably watching some sports and eating some snacks. Likelihood of making it to midnight? Slim to none lol.
9. If you have any recipe requests for 2018, I’d love to hear them! Feel free to leave them in the comments below; I’m always looking for recommendations and ideas based on what you’d like to see!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic and safe New Year’s weekend! (The picture below is early Christmas morning snuggles and books while we waited for Dominic to wake up :))