1. The crazy heat finally broke here, so I took the boys to the park one morning this week to enjoy the nice weather. They both love the slides and Dominic, in particular, LOVES the swings. He giggled and giggled, and Joseph just wanted to keep pushing him higher… and then they both wanted to run around the baseball field and stand on the bases :)
2. Isabelle has been sleeping SO WELL *knock on wood*. She’s down to one nighttime feeding for the most part (some nights there are two, but those have become few and far between); she goes down for the night between 7-8pm and is up between 6-7am. Those big bags and circles under my eyes should be letting up any day now (too bad I can’t manage to get myself to bed super early most nights!).
3. I mentioned awhile ago that we were in desperate need of some type of organization unit for our playroom because I was starting to lose my mind with all of the toys all over the floor and no real place to put them. After searching high and low, we settled on the IKEA Kallax 16-unit shelf and got door inserts for the bottom half. I cannot tell you how elated I was the other night when it was finally assembled and I had organized everything after the boys went to bed. I swear I heard angels singing! The top row are baskets filled with diaper changing supplies and extra wipes, etc. since we have a changing table in there.
*Edited to Add: I’ve received tons of concerned comments and emails asking if the shelving unit is anchored to the wall, and YES, it is definitely anchored!
4. The Nordstrom sale is starting! Do you have anything you’re planning to buy? I’m thinking this cardigan would be great for fall, this layered mixed metal necklace would look awesome over a plain white tee, and this liquid matte lip stain would be a great everyday lip option.
5. I’ve always felt that once the 4th of July is behind us, summer feels like it’s on the downward slide and September is just around the corner. Realistically, of course, that’s not true, but it’s always felt that way to me!
6. If it’s hot hot hot where you live, a copycat Dairy Queen ice cream cake is probably in order.
7. I’m going to be having some updates made to the website over the next few months with some great new functionality, and I would love to hear if you have any specific requests!
8. Are you watching World Cup soccer? I love, love, love sports but just cannot get into watching soccer; ugh I find it so boring. I wish I enjoyed it more!
9. When I was a kid, I did one paint by number and I loved it, but never did another that I can remember. I came across this one and even though I have exactly zero free time, I want to do it!
10. TGIF! Judith was not about to let Duke sneak up on her, ha!