1. For the past three nights, Isabelle has slept for 12 hours STRAIGHT. I’m still assuming it’s some kind of growth spurt or otherwise fluke and will not last, but still! The first night I woke up at 4am and realized she hadn’t woken up and then proceeded to barely sleep, waking up every 30-45 minutes to check the monitor and make sure I could see her breathing. Ahhhhh #momlife.
2. Dominic just continues to seem to grow by leaps and bounds every single day. He’s talking almost exclusively in two to three-word phrases, Joseph has started teaching him how to count to 10 when we’re sitting and eating at the table (so cute!), and he’s still our fearless monkey of a child. I see gymnastics/tumbling in his near future!
3. Joseph has been enjoying “reading” and singing to me at bedtime instead of the other way around. It is so adorable, he repeats things he remembers on the pages of his favorite books (and has actually almost completely memorized brown bear brown bear from me reading it to Isabelle at a few nap times), and he likes to sit on the bed and go through itsy bitsy spider, twinkle twinkle little star, the ABCs and jingle bells before going to bed. He’s getting so big and smart, and it’s so much fun to watch.
4. And because things here are NOT always rainbows and butterflies, and there are tantrums, not listening, threenager attitudes, not sharing, pushing, hitting, and some days we just barely make it to bedtime, THIS >> To my child, when I forget to feel lucky.
5. I have the hardest time finding jeans that fit Joseph well, and usually these Gap ones are a safe bet, but I’m looking for other options too. I want something that doesn’t have a zipper/button so it’s easy for him to get them up and down when using the potty at school and skinny or super slim jeans just don’t fit him well, and I feel like that’s ALL that’s out there with elastic waistbands!
6. A lot of you have asked what vehicle we ended up getting after initially asking for your input wayyyyy back last November when I was freshly pregnant with Isabelle and trying to figure out the car seat situation with one forward-facing convertible seat and two rear-facing seats. It took hours upon hours of scouring The Car Seat Lady and tons of car research (99% of which was done by my husband), and we finally did it… this week we picked up a… Honda Odyssey. It is basically one thousand percent awesome. But now that I drive a minivan, I feel like I need special mom pin or something, lol!
7. I think your weekend needs some fresh buttermilk biscuits.
8. Three weeks after my Mohs surgery, and the surgical glue FINALLY fell off this week. It was my first real look at the scar, and I was definitely pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it basically just looks like a scratch under my eye.
9. Pittsburgh was ranked #2 in the list of most livable cities in the U.S. by The Economist. Love my city!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a warm and sunny weekend!