Friday Things #326
1. Both of the boys absolutely love Isabelle and are always trying to make her laugh, but Dominic especially is just so incredibly doting on her, and it melts my heart. It may be due to the closeness in age (they’re only 18 months apart), but they play and giggle together non-stop, and Dominic is always saying, “I love my Belle Belle… I love my sister… I love you, Isabelley” and giving her hugs, kisses, squeezes, and trying to find something for her to play with if she’s fussy. I just adore watching him with her :)
2. Isabelle took her turn at the allergist this week. While she hasn’t shown any signs of allergies, we wanted to have her tested for all nuts just to be on the safe side because of Joseph’s allergies, and she tested negative to all of them. Phew! (She was also amazingly happy during the drive there and back and throughout the appointment, even though it was her nap time, could not have possibly asked for a better appointment.)
Dominic will have his turn in a few weeks… he’s already tested negative to peanuts and eats all of the nuts that Joseph can have (almonds, walnuts, pecans, and hazelnuts) without an issue, so it’s really just checking on the tree nuts that Joseph is highly allergic to that we don’t keep in the house (pistachios and cashews). Fingers crossed.
3. Up until recently, Joseph still called for us in the morning even though he’s in a regular bed and can get out on his own. A couple of weeks ago, he started getting up on his own and coming into our room and he has been SO HAPPY in the mornings. He’s so proud of himself and feels like such a big boy. I try to get up earlier than everyone else and get myself dressed for the day, and the last few days Joseph has been up early and sneaks into our bedroom, then appears in our bathroom while I’m washing my face or brushing my teeth. He hangs out with me while I get ready and I absolutely adore this time with him in the morning. It’s quiet, everyone else is asleep, and he just chats away. It reminds me of being about Joseph’s age (my mom tells me I was also an early riser), and sitting on the bathroom counter while my dad was shaving and my mom and sister were still sleeping. He always let me take the brush loaded up with shaving cream and rub it all over his face :)
4. So excited to try the pizza dough recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast – has anyone tried it?
5. All the feels from this story, and now I totally plan to do it with my kids (please remind me!) –> Dad Interviews His Daughter On Her First Day of School for 13 Years
6. Summer calls for an ice cream cake to live in your freezer all day, everyday.
7. Love this, can’t imagine how much more joyful our days would be if we could live in the moment like our kids!
8. Did you see this moment at the French Open? Love.
9. Joseph finished up his summer camp at school yesterday, so our summer is looking free and clear, wahoo! So many fun things I’m excited to do with the kids like strawberry and blueberry picking, the zoo/aquarium, and spur of the moment fun. What are you most looking forward to doing this summer? What’s on your bucket list?
10. TGIF! Just adore these two bookends :)
Awhhhh. Isabelley… how cute is Dominic. Children are so free with being loving. It’s beautiful to be a part of. We have a new baby in our family..my nieces little baby girl and shes breathed sweet new life into our family.God is so Good. You doggies are so neat, just love how they stay near one another. P.s. you have the nicest big windows..such amazing views.
Isabelle and Dominic look so cute together. It is nice to a have big brother so interested in his little sister. Making sure that she has things to do and looking after her. You are great mom to make sure the kids have a good time and have activities. You have so much energy. But I guess you have to with three kids. Keep blogging and telling us about the family. Love your recipes and family up dates.
Re: Pizza. I made it for my hubby’s birthday and it turned out amaaaazing. Best pizza recipe that we’ve made to date. Go for it!!
Ahhhh this is awesome to hear. It certainly look/sounds like a winner. We like to do pizza Fridays but today and next week are crazy days, so hopefully the Friday after that we can do it!
Omg! That little diaper butt and your dogs!! So sweet. All of it. My girls are 22 and 27. Your age. 😊 Time flies. Enjoy!
Your family is fortunate to have you as their Mom and you them. So happy all is well with you and your beautiful healthy family.
Aww you are so sweet, Linda. What beautiful words, thank you :)
The first day of school interviews is priceless! I have an old high school buddy who has taken a picture of his daughter, in his lap, every birthday, until she turned 21 – that was their last one. One of them held a sign each year that had how old she was. You guys should do that, too, somehow – looking at all of them together was so sweet!
Ya’ll have a great weekend!
Oh my gosh, I love that idea! So super sweet! Adding it to my birthday notes :)
When my son was that age he did the exact same thing as Joseph! Precious memories, I tell you :)
Waiting for my hubs to make that same pizza recipe. He’s our pizza authority.
My kids are doing swim team at our community pool, which is so fun. I want to do the water steps by PNC Park on a hot day. Strawberry and blueberry picking. Biking on open streets day. Lots of homemade ice pops.
I’ve never been to the water steps, need to put that on our list!
Will you be able to share that “pizza dough” recipe? I would love to try it…….
Absolutely, if I make it and love it, I certainly will!