Friday Things #355
1. This has been a very stay-in-our-pajamas kind of week. No school on Monday meant Lego-building and not-yet-played-with Christmas toys. Then all three kids and my husband came down with colds, so Wednesday and yesterday were more pajama-wearing, staying home, playing games, ordering groceries, kind of days. Not going to lie, we do a lot of running around most days between preschool dropoffs and pickups, errands, and other shenanigans, that this has been SO NICE for me, too, ha!
2. Before that, though, we had Joseph’s birthday party on Sunday! It was his very first party with friends (we also had our families there, as well) and he had soooooo much fun. A local farm (Soergels for locals who are interested) has a big party room with a bounce house for the kids. It was absolutely perfect for a kid’s party. Joseph requested a Ferrari birthday cake, so we went with that theme for everything else.
3. Yesterday I picked up Chipotle for lunch and Isabelle absolutely devoured her food. She ate allllll of the guacamole in her little sectioned tray by the spoonful. That’s my girl 😍
4. Oh my gosh, yes! And my kids are only in preschool. I feel like everything is just fine until approximately 10 to 15 minutes before we need to actually leave and then it all falls apart 😂 >> Study Finds Getting Kids Ready for School is Equivalent to an Extra Day of Work
5. There’s one week left in January… who has made the year’s very first BEB bake-along?! If you need the recipe, you can find it right here >> Traditional Focaccia. I’ve LOVED seeing the pictures you’ve emailed me and posted on social media, keep them coming!
6. If you’re craving Mexican and haven’t made the authentic beef enchiladas yet, put it on your menu for this weekend!
7. This guy is cooking and baking his way through every one of Ina Garten’s recipes… love this!
8. Can we talk gelato? I feel like I’m totally missing something because after trying a few different brands and flavors, I just don’t think it even comes close to being as good as ice cream. Now, I’ve never been to Italy, so maybe the real deal may be different, but the store-bought stuff just doesn’t do it for me!
9. We finallyyyyyy finished all of the seasons of MI5 – such a great show! Next up… maybe The Crown Season 3? I’m trying to think of any other shows that have released new seasons recently. I don’t think Poldark Season 5 is on Amazon Prime yet. Am I missing any?
10. TGIF! Duke in his favorite spot 😍