Friday Things #418
1. Joseph has been staying up reading in his bed this past week. My husband and I went up one night to chat with him and he was reading my husband’s old Sesame Street Library books. He read a recipe for Cookie Monster’s alphabet cookies and giggled and belly laughed so hard, it was seriously a highlight of our parenting life. I love how much he’s loving reading, and there is nothing better than hearing a great big, hearty giggle ❤️️
2. Isabelle has started wanting to draw things when the boys do and seeing her concentrate on her lines and squiggles is the sweetest sight. (And just so you don’t think it’s all sunshine and rainbows around here all the time, I totally had to scrub dry erase marker out of our carpet this week 🤦♀️)
3. Dominic will be finished with school next week and my goodness, I can’t believe we’re already at the end of the year! Joseph still has another month or so, but it really flew by. We were so unsure of how virtual learning would go but really could not have been more pleased with how things turned out for both of the boys. They learned so much and we got some extra family time with them this year ❤️️
4. My friend Jessica of How Sweet Eats comes out with her third cookbook next week, Everyday Dinners!
5. I bought a case of Dr. Pepper with Cream Soda last weekend and IT IS SO GOOD!
6. I’m always amazed at how popular the peanut butter fudge recipe is year-round! Do you make fudge other times of the year outside of the holidays?
7. Did anyone else watch The OC when it originally aired back in the early to mid-2000s? I was just out of college and absolutely LOVED the show! I just saw that two of the stars of the show are doing a podcast where they rewatch episodes and talk about them, sort of like The Office Ladies podcast.
8. Does anyone have any new favorite Costco finds? I haven’t tried anything new in a while!
9. We finished season 3 of Yellowstone last weekend and I am totally going through Dutton family withdrawal. Seriously one of the best shows we’ve watched recently and it sucked both of us in. Now counting down until season 4 (I heard June?) and trying to find something else!
10. TGIF! Joseph and Isabelle thought Duke would like to be read to one day after lunch 😍
Love the Vietnamese Pho by Snapdragon! I do add frozen peas as I like them in about everything!
If you haven’t watched it yet, Fleabag (on Amazon) is so so good (its just two short seasons)!
Love the racing attire your kids wear..so neat. I don’t have any recent Costco finds just my usual go to’s lately..but I’m enjoying your other reader’s finds😊. I’m gonna try the salsa now, and look for that popcorn. TY guys.
Duke doesnt seem too interested in that particular story! But at least he stays…i can be in the middle of telling my dog something and she’ll seriously just get up and walk out of the room! i’m like ‘really? cant even count on you??
Thanks for sharing your family with us. My daughter is grown.
Dr. Pepper w/ cream soda, can you say root beer floats, thanks for putting that in my brain, lol 😂
Your kids are the cutest! Do you have an air fryer Michelle? I’m thinking about getting one, but unsure, lots of options out there. My sister in law made asparagus in air fryer & it was to die for, crispy & tasty.
Have a wonderful weekend, I think RB floats and blowing bubbles are in order.
Best Costco find in awhile is Croissant Bites by La Boulangerie San Francisco. I’m not a huge chip eater, but these perfectly crunchy herb seasoned bites of flaky croissant are hard to resist. I find myself eating them straight out of the bag by the handful!
Costco: strawberries and cream popcorn (I think it is the Popcornopolis brand, but in a mostly white bag.
Your story about Joseph reading brought a smile to my face and reminded me of a similar story about my eldest. I would read longer story books such as Winnie the Pooh each night. When we got to the story about Piglet and the “hollible” heffalump, he laughed so hard he fell off his bed! Fortunately, the bed wasn’t very high off the ground.
Thanks for the memory jog.
I just ordered Mateo’s Gourmet Salsa from Costco on a whim. If you like restaurant style salsa, you will love it! I am seriously addicted and have been putting it on everything this week. SO good! I also bought a 5 lb. bag of One Degree Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats. Oddly, Costco’s website says it is 50 oz. but it’s really 80! I will have oatmeal for a LONG time but it’s quite tasty and I enjoy making a big pot that lasts 4-5 days (bonus that you create resistant starch by cooling the oatmeal then reheating). Ah, pandemic life where even oatmeal is exciting! LOL
I’m sure Duke loved being read to!!! Adorable.
Spring is here in Eastern Pennsylvania! And fudge is for all year long!
Hi Michelle! I so look forward to checking my email Friday’s and Saturday’s for your posts. In response to your question about Costco, I have not found anything new there recently. I remember sometime earlier in 2021 you mentioned that you would share a list of your Costco favorite things. Did I miss that? Or is it still on the horizon? Thanks so much!
Hi Hope, You didn’t miss it, still on the horizon! I will work to get that up soon!
I love your site and all of your recipes-I have followed you for years! I haven’t seen pictures of your other golden in a while, is everything OK with her? Wishing you and your family well! Thank you for all you do!
Hi Heather, Oh yes she’s just fine! Thank you for checking :) I posted a photo of her two weeks ago: https://www.browneyedbaker.com/friday-things-416/. It usually depends on which good pictures I get during the week :)
Must’ve missed that one! Glad she is doing well! Thanks again for providing such a wonderful site for your readers!