Friday Things #443
1. Joseph got to go to a friend’s birthday party last weekend (first one in nearly two years!) and he had SO much fun. Mini golf, pizza, ice cream, and a pinata were a big hit!
2. Dominic got this magnetic mosaic designer for his birthday and has been loving it. He is also so gracious and lets Isabelle use it when she asks. It’s great for color and number recognition; if you have any preschool-age (or a little older) kids on your shopping list this year, I highly recommend!
3. Yesterday, Isabelle’s preschool class made spider hats. She LOVED it, oh my goodness. She wore it all day long and asked to be called “Miss Spider Legs” 😂
4. From the James Clear newsletter: “Do less. Keep returning to one thing and continue to refine it.” I love this and it reminds me of the “Go deep, not wide” philosophy I read about a couple of years ago.
5. Really good, reasonable guidelines for using social media >> 10 Rules for Using Social Media Intentionally
6. And on that note, this feels spot-on:
7. So inspired by how neat and tidy this under-the-kitchen-sink area looks! Mine needs an overhaul badly!
8. I love, love, love this idea of a reverse Advent calendar to focus on giving during the Christmas season.
9. Have you watched any good movies recently? We mostly just watch streaming shows, but a couple of weeks ago watched The Courier (we love Benedict Cumberbatch stuff). It was really good, but I think we’ve been ruined by really good TV… we both thought it would have been even better as a multi-part TV series with more story development.
10. TGIF! Sometimes we all just crash hard on the couch after the kids go to bed 😆
🌷 Oh, Michelle! I have followed you since you were pregnant with Joseph! I don’t check in all the time, but I do peek at Friday Things quite often! Just wanted to say how beautifully your kids are growing and what an amazing woman you are!!! 🌷
Grandma Linda in Arizona! ❤
Absolutely adore your “Friday Things”. Really enjoy your daily blog too.
The Reverse Advent Calendar is genius. I’m starting mine today so I can donate earlier to the local food pantry. Thank you for all you do.
I baked your pumpkin recipe yesterday. Took it to quilting get together and received rave reviews. Several ladies asked for the recipe. Everyone said it was the most moist bread they had eaten. I used walnuts, dried cranberries and dates in it. I enjoy your recipes.
You children are precious and the dog is a hoot!
I just love your stories, and the wonderful journeys of your adorable children and dog! (Not to mention the fabulous recipes!!)
Thank you for putting a smile on my face!
I have 2 small granddaughters that live in different states,and with health issues that I’m struggling with, I cannot leave my house to visit them, so enjoy your time with them, because time goes by very quickly
I have found THE BEST degreaser and it was right under my nose. I kid you not!! We have a professional stove in our kitchen. The grease up in the hood is BAD! I have tried all kinds of degreasers only to put in way too much elbow “grease” and then end yp disappointed. TIDE!! Make a paste with water and go to town on stainless steel! And granite, floors! Of course, rinse. Try it, you’ll love it!
What kind of tide are you referring
To? Powder? Liquid? Pods? Thanks in advance.
I throw the medal grease screens of our professional style hood vent into the dishwasher. Works great!
OMG, that mosaic designer! My kids are now 17 & 13, but loved using it when they were little. It is such a great toy. I didn’t realize it was still being made.