Friday Things #479
1. Last weekend, we went to an air show on Father’s Day… the kids enjoyed it, but possibly my favorite part of the whole excursion? When we told them it would be a little over an hour each way, they all scurried around, gathering their favorite books to bring in the car. It made my reading heart happy ❤️
2. Dominic will have a full-body scan and bone marrow biopsy this morning to see what progress has been made after his last three treatments. We appreciate any and all prayers and good thoughts you can send his way 💙
3. My husband discovered this on Spotify last week and I can’t stop listening… the Goo Goo Dolls and O.A.R. together did a cover of Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down,” and it is phenomenal! Maybe it’s the 90’s teenager in me, but boy I think it’s awesome.
4. Does anyone have the newest Joanna Gaines cookbook, Magnolia Table Volume 3? I love her cookbooks!
5. Love some of these ideas for not always being in a hurry-up mindset >> Creating a Culture of Slow
6. I love a good national food holiday to give me baking inspiration! If you’re the same, yesterday was National Chocolate Eclair Day and tomorrow is National Pralines Day. Check out my homemade eclairs, chocolate eclair cake (a great summer dessert), and pecan pralines recipe. Enjoy!
7. Have you tried any of these yet? >> 19 Best Summer Groceries at Trader Joe’s
8. A few years ago, I gradually switched all of my kids’ hangers from bulky plastic ones to these kids velvet non-slip hangers. I love them, they come in tons of colors and three different sizes, and I just saw that they are on sale now as an early Prime Day deal if you have been eyeing up something like that, too!
9. We started watching Joe Pickett on Paramount+ this week and are really liking it so far. Has anyone else watched it? The scenery is beautiful!
10. TGIF! These pups are so, so snuggly 💙