Baking Basics: My Essential Baking Equipment
A huge run-down of all the pieces of baking equipment, big and small, that I keep stocked in my kitchen for everyday use, as well as special projects.
Happy Tuesday and welcome to another Baking Basics installment!
This week I’m doing a little spin-off of a previous post on my pantry essentials and cluing you in to all of the different pieces of equipment and gadgets that I keep stocked in my cabinets for baking. While it might seem like a long list, for me these are *mostly* essentials – tools that I turn to on a weekly basis that make my kitchen time go much more smoothly.
COUNTERTOP APPLIANCES & ELECTRICS
I use each of these on an almost daily basis, with the exception of the immersion blender and the waffle maker, however they are truly awesome to have when I need to puree a soup or want some waffles for breakfast!
1. Blender (Vitamix Professional Series 500)
2. Food Processor (Breville Sous Chef Food Processor)
3. Hand Mixer (Cuisinart 7-Speed Hand Mixer)
4. Immersion Blender (KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender)
5. Slow Cooker (Crock-Pot 6½-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker)
6. Stand Mixer (KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer)
7. Waffle Maker (Breville Smart Waffle Maker)
STAND MIXER ATTACHMENTS
8. Ice Cream Maker Attachment (KitchenAid)
9. Pasta Roller Attachment (KitchenAid)
Below are my most commonly used pieces of cookware. The ones I use on a nearly daily basis are: 10-inch cast iron skillet, 2-quart and 4-quart saucepans, and Dutch oven.
10. Cast Iron Skillets (Lodge 12-inch, 10-inch and 8-inch)
11. Cookware Set (Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Cookware)
12. Dutch Oven (Le Creuset 7¼-Quart Round Dutch Oven)
13. Enameled Cast Iron Braiser (Le Creuset 3.75-quart)
14. Baking Stone (King Arthur Flour)
15. Bundt Pan (Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan)
16. Cake Pans – Three 8-inch round pans and three 9-inch round pans. (Nordic Ware Naturals)
17. Cheesecake (Springform) Pan (Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch)
18. Cookie Sheets – I have three. (Vollrath Wear-Ever Cookie Sheets)
19. Cooling Racks – Again, three of these. (CIA Masters Collection Wire Cooling Racks)
20. Half-Sheet Pans – Yet again, three! (Lincoln Wear-Ever Half-Size Sheet Pans)
21. Loaf Pans – Two of each. (Williams-Sonoma)
22. Muffin Pans – Two of each size. (Wilton Avanti Everglide Non-Stick Standard and Mini)
23. Pie Plates – Three 9-inch glass Pyrex plates, two 9-inch ceramic Le Creuset plates (no longer found online) and one 10-inch ceramic Le Creuset plate.
25. Square Baking Pans – One 8-inch and one 9-inch. (Williams-Sonoma)
26. Tart Pan (Kaiser Bakeware Round Quiche Pan with Removable Bottom)
27. Bench Scraper (OXO)
29. Box Grater (Cuisipro)
30. Candy Thermometer (ThermoWorks ChefAlarm)
31. Cherry Pitter – If you ever bake with fresh cherries, this is a must! (OXO)
32. Citrus Zester – Perfect for oranges, lemons, grapefruits, etc. Takes all of the zest without the pith. (Microplane)
33. Cookie Scoops – Two large, one medium and one small. (OXO)
34. Cutting Boards – One 15-inch, one 10½-inch and one 7½-inch. (OXO)
35. Fine-Mesh Sieves – One 8-inch and one 6-inch. (OXO)
36. Grater/Zester (Microplane)
37. Instant-Read Digital Thermometer (ThermoWorks Thermapen)
38. Kitchen Scale (OXO 22-lb Capacity Scale)
39. Kitchen Torch (Williams-Sonoma)
40. Mandoline (OXO)
41. Measuring Cups (Dry) – I have multiple sets of measuring cups, but my favorite set is Amco.
42. Measuring Cups (Liquid) – 1-cup (two), 2-cup and 4-cup glass measuring cups. (Pyrex)
43. Measuring Spoons – I have at least five sets, but Cuisipro is my favorite.
44. Mixing Bowls – I have a set of nesting glass bowls (Pyrex) and a variety of stainless steel bowls (Vollrath).
45. Oven Thermometer (Cooper-Atkins)
46. Pastry Blender (OXO)
47. Pastry Brush (Winco)
48. Pastry Mat – Great for kneading and rolling out dough. (King Arthur Flour)
49. Pizza Cutter – I not only use this for pizza, but also for cutting bars and brownies. Clean cuts every time! (OXO)
50. Pizza Peel (EXO)
51. Potato Masher – Useful for more than just potatoes! (WMF)
52. Potato Ricer (OXO)
53. Spatulas (Offset) – These are invaluable for spreading icing, toppings, ganache, cookie, dough, etc. I have multiple sizes. (Wilton)
54. Spatulas (Rubber/Silicone) – I have a large assortment of rubber and silicone spatulas, and as far as I’m concerned, you can never have too many! My favorites are the Rubbermaid models.
55. Spatulas (Metal) – These are perfect for transferring cookies from baking sheets to cooling racks, flipping grilled cheese sandwiches, and everything in between. I have a variety of sizes and brands with no real preference.
56. Whisks – I have a large balloon whisk, a medium whisk, a small whisk, and a flat whisk, as well as a dough whisk.
57. Wooden Spoons – I have a huge assortment of bamboo wood spoons and spatulas.
58. Bread Knife (Wusthof)
59. Chef’s Knife (Victorinox)
60. Paring Knife (Wusthof)
61. Santoku Knife (MAC)
62. Slicing Knife (Wusthof)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This is a pretty comprehensive list of everything I keep stocked for baking (and just about all of my cooking). I included brands and sources where applicable, but again, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask below!
I hope this has provided inspiration for adding some fun toys to your kitchen!
Check out more posts in the Baking Basics series:
(Disclaimer: This post contains some Amazon affiliate links. Thanks so much for reading!)