Blueberry Crisp

I had a pint of blueberries in the fridge that were going nowhere fast. I didn’t want to waste them so I figured I’d whip up some type of blueberry crisp or cobbler for dessert. I looked through a lot of recipes and didn’t quite find what I was looking for so I created my own. I absolutely loved it and I’m sure this would be fabulous with any fruit!!

Blueberry Crisp

1 pint (~2 cups) fresh blueberries
2 Tablespoons white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, gently toss together blueberries and white sugar; set aside.

3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in bottom of 8×8 baking dish. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over berries.

4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until berries are bubbly and topping is golden brown.

13 Responses to “Blueberry Crisp”

1. Kayte on June 29, 2007 at 8:18 am

yummm! that looks so good! i need to get some blueberries.

2. DeborahSW on June 29, 2007 at 10:37 am

I heart crisps/cobblers – looks fabulous!

3. Amber on June 29, 2007 at 9:40 pm

That looks great Chelley!! I want some.

4. Renea on July 10, 2007 at 9:40 am

Mmm that looks so good!

5. Pingback: Zucchini Squares Recipe | Brown Eyed Baker

6. Richard on January 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm

The taste of the butter overpowered everything. I’ll make it again with revisions: 1/2 cup butter (vs. 3/4), add 1 cup chopped walnuts w/the flour, oats, etc., add an addt’l 1/4 cup of oats + 1 tsp. of cinnamon. That should make the “crisp” a little more fluffy & light. But it’s a quick, easy recipe and, like you said, will work with so many other types of fruit.

7. Pingback: A Bit of Spontaneity « Smidgen of Yum

8. Angelyn on May 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

This looks so good! I’m planning on making it this weekend for a party. Just a few questions – can I make it ahead of time? and if I do, how should I store it? Also, did you serve this warm?

Thanks so much!!

• Michelle on May 17th, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Hi Angelyn, You really can’t make this ahead of time, it’s best to serve it warm. Once it cools and you reheat, the crisp topping will be rather soft. Enjoy!

9. Pingback: 50 Best Citrus and Fruit-Based Recipes | Brown Eyed Baker

10. Pingback: My Favorite Blueberry Recipes

11. Marisa on July 17, 2013 at 12:04 am

I’ve been making crisps as long as I can remember and both my mom and I agreed this was the *best* crisp either of us has ever had! So thank you! Very glad I came upon your great recipe :)

12. Pingback: Blueberry Crisp | Brown Eyed Baker | Here's my thought....pleasures of the flesh by Donna Madison