Top 10 List: Favorite Muffin Recipes

Muffins! Unless they’re made of really healthy ingredients, they are pretty much the equivalent of dessert for breakfast. Which couldn’t be more wonderful in my world. It seems everyone leans toward one favorite or another – blueberry, banana, lemon, etc. For me, I will always choose a wonderful blueberry muffin above anything else, but chocolate definitely runs a super close second. The blueberry muffins in this list are my ALL-TIME FAVORITE. So you must try them! Along with them are nine other of my favorite muffin recipes, so breakfast will never be dull in your house again!

1. Allspice Crumb Muffins – A spiced-up muffin with a delicious crumb topping. I love crumb toppings on everything!

2. Banana Muffins – These have been a favorite of mine for over 10 years. It’s one of the first recipes I started baking over and over again. They’re sweet and delicious – breakfast or dessert!

3. Banana-Nut Oat Bran Muffins – My mom always made these when we were kids because my dad was diagnosed with high cholesterol. It’s the first recipe that I helped make in the kitchen, and one I have always enjoyed eating!

4. Blueberry Muffins – Quite possibly my all-time favorite muffin recipe. These are moist, substantial, full of juicy blueberries, and more amazing than I can describe.

5. Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins – Chocolate for breakfast! Can’t say no to that!

6. Coffeecake Muffins – Anther spiced-up muffin with a crumb topping. This one tastes very, very similar to coffee cake, and even includes the requisite iced drizzle.

7. Oatmeal Muffins with Dates, Cranberries & Pecans – These are perfect muffins to serve to house guests over the holidays – warm, spiced and full of wonderful flavors.

8. Orange Berry Muffins – Citrus and berries go so well together, and these muffins are no exception. The orange and blueberry flavors complement each other beautifully.

9. Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel – Maybe my 2nd favorite muffin of all-time – a pumpkin muffin stuffed with cream cheese filling, and topped with an insane pecan streusel. Love!

10. Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins – I love savory options for muffins, and these have the perfect amount of kick.

What are your favorite muffin recipes??

52 Responses to “Top 10 List: Favorite Muffin Recipes”

1. Katrina on July 18, 2011 at 12:33 am

I love a good muffin! Thanks for the ideas!

• Steve on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:34 pm

What do you think about a Patriot Muffin?

• jason stewart on September 27th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

i like number 10 muffins so enthusiastic

2. Meryl on July 18, 2011 at 1:16 am

Here are some of my favorites:

Chocolate Breakfast Muffins (from King Arthur Flour) (I omit the optional pearl sugar on top):

Cherry, Lime and Coconut Muffins:

Blueberry Muffins (Jordan Marsh) (I add 1 tsp lemon zest, and I omit the 1/2 cup crushed berries) :

Baked Donut Muffins

Jam-Filled Muffins
    From Beth Hensperger – “Williams-Sonoma Muffins”

3. Sasha (The Procrastobaker) on July 18, 2011 at 5:21 am

I love your round ups so much! All of these look delicious but i have to say the blueberry and the chocolate ones in particular are looking at me pleadingly, but that pecan topping on the pumpkin muffins too…yumm

4. linda on July 18, 2011 at 6:20 am

goodie!
    i baked muffins all weekend…& i am s-o-o-o happy about your list….up today… your orange & blueberry muffins! thanks so much!!!

5. Ariana on July 18, 2011 at 6:20 am

Hi! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I only just discovered it very recently whilst browsing on Foodbuzz and I am totally hooked! I cannot wait to try some of your recipes! It is difficult to find a pumpkin recipe that looks both do-able and delicious, I am excited to give the muffins a try. Thank you so much for keeping up this lovely blog! I look forward to continuing to read in the future.

6. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance on July 18, 2011 at 7:02 am

Those allspice crumb muffins are calling my name!

(and it doesn’t help that I just HAPPEN to have all the ingredients on hand…)

7. Heather (Heather's Dish) on July 18, 2011 at 7:47 am

these all sound so amazing but i have to say blueberry is still my fave! can’t get enough of it :)

8. Barbara on July 18, 2011 at 8:17 am

these look delicious but what about my peach cornmeal muffins???? they are fantastic!

9. Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats on July 18, 2011 at 8:35 am

I love your Top 10 lists so much!!!!

10. Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking on July 18, 2011 at 8:47 am

Awesome list! I had a REALLY hard time getting past the Allspice Crumb, but finally managed to and saw so many more delicious things on the list. Thanks for the top 10, Michelle!

11. Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories on July 18, 2011 at 8:50 am

Um, is all of these an acceptable response?? I have a lot of bookmarking to do…but those Pumpkin & Cream Cheese muffins are calling to me. (My tastes are so in-season, ha!)

12. sherri lynn on July 18, 2011 at 10:07 am

I am basically obsessed with making muffins, partly because my husband INHALES them! He would rather have muffins that dessert so I am always trying new recipes. I will have to try some of these – esp. the pumpkin cream cheese with pecan streusel! Here’s a list of some of my favorite muffin recipes: http://sherrilynnpuz.blogspot.com/p/recipes_22.html

13. Jess Wakasugi on July 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

Okay, just bookmarked this entire page. I guess I know what I’ll be baking for the next few weeks!

14. Libby on July 18, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love baking muffins! I just recently baked a batch of banana nut muffins. They’re a hit at my house. Thanks for all the new recipe suggestions. I’m sure I will be busy baking up some new and delicious muffins in the coming days!

15. CouponClippingCook on July 18, 2011 at 11:40 am

Wow! Each and every one of these recipes and pictures looks amazingly delicious. I previously sent my Aunt a link to your site and she spoke a lot about how great your blueberrie muffins looked….I’m certain she will be looking at them again today!

16. Ann on July 18, 2011 at 11:54 am

These look incredible! I’m always amazed at your creativity…that and the fact that you can narrow it down to 10!

17. Jen of My Tiny Oven on July 18, 2011 at 2:49 pm

All of them look amazing! Especially the blueberry! LOVE blueberry!
    I really enjoy your roundups!

18. Ally on July 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Amazing top ten. Such vast variety. I want them all! xo

19. Kristen on July 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm

My favorite muffins are Cranberry Orange, but then I saw your pumpkin one’s!! OMG! They look awesome, but so do all that appear on the top 10! I agree about loving a good crumb topping! I’m eating a salad right now, but now I want something sweet!!!

20. Crystal Bullseye on July 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm

My favorite muffins are chocolate – triple if possible! Also, I’m a fan of all muffins that create little or no crumb mess when eaten.
    Cheers, Crystal
    (Green-eyed granddaughter of pro baker Herbert; daughter of green-eyed bakers Guenter and Renate; sister of green-eyed baker Heike)

21. RavieNomNoms on July 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Thanks for this post! I do love myself a good muffin from time to time I will say that much! Blueberry is probably by far my most favorite. Boring I know, but I just cannot seem to get enough of them!

22. The Chocolate Priestess on July 18, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Too hot to bake here, I’d die or risk burning our air con out I fear but they were fun to look at.

23. Mikaela Cowles on July 18, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Here’s my problem with your list – How do I pick which one’s to make? It’s like deciding what to get at a really good bakery. I don’t know about you, but I end up eating WAY more than I should. Probably not a bad thing. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.

24. The Undercover Cook on July 18, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I agree with you that muffins are like dessert for breakfast. It is a lovely way to start the day. You have some great variations! I think I am going to have to start with the coffeecake muffins.

25. Peggy on July 19, 2011 at 6:31 am

what a great Top 10! I just made some hominy muffins last night (I know, who does that?!), but they’re actually surprising delicious!

26. Lilly on July 19, 2011 at 8:09 am

I haven’t made any muffins for a long long time and your top 10 just inspired me. I wil have to make some muffins soon, very soon.

27. OnSugarMountain on July 19, 2011 at 10:35 am

These look amazing! I want to try them all! Especially those allspice muffins :D

28. Skylar on July 19, 2011 at 10:59 pm

By looks, I’m going for the pepper muffins only because savory sounds delicious. They all look great!

29. Lisa @ Tarte du Jour on July 20, 2011 at 9:13 am

The pumpkin cream cheese muffins get my vote! They all look fabulous, however!

30. Kate@Diethood on July 20, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I want that double chocolate one up there a.s.a.p.! Beautiful!

31. Adelina on July 20, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Nice!!! I think I like the savory one the most:)

32. Alvin on September 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Got amazing recipes here as well for delicious muffins, Had already tried couple of recipes: http://bit.ly/pmJZVN

33. Kate Koger on November 28, 2011 at 8:49 am

Have you ever tried parsnip, pecan and maple muffins???? Mmmmm!!!!! Or Lady Grey Tea and choc chip muffins!! I have recipes if you fancy them my lovely Brown Eyed Baker!!

34. Heather on January 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Made the blueberry muffins and they are amazing. I’ve deleted my other recipe, these are my go to’s.

35. Sandra on April 1, 2013 at 7:33 am

Great muffins I have already made two of your great muffin recipes… Loved them and so did my husband! :-) thanks for sharing … I’ll try all of them!!

36. Amy on May 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Yum! These all look very good. One of my favorite muffins is Chocolate Chip.

37. Sara on September 22, 2013 at 11:35 am

These look great; I love bran muffins. I’ve just finished a post about my favorite muffins- blueberry! I have a few great tips to alter that classic favorite, including a divine sugar crumb topping. I’d love your feedback and I think you’d love the muffins as well! Check it out at:

38. Edson Silva on October 24, 2013 at 8:53 am

Delicious.

39. Maddy Anali on November 19, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Yum! Keep it up!

40. Lainy on November 19, 2013 at 5:58 pm

HOW DO YOU FIND SUCH GOOD RECEIPIES?! I would love it if you told me! thx for them anyway!:)

41. Jason on November 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hey my wife needs a recipe for muffins help me choose please thanks!:)

42. Jackson on November 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmm………………. Muffins…….. YUMMY!:)

43. dan thacker on January 8, 2014 at 1:37 pm

my favourite muffin mix would be my marshmallow muffin mix (that doesn’t taste like marshmallows)
    15-17 marshmallows (put in mix and melted for 1.30/2 mins until they can be mixed into a non lumpy mix)
    175g – ( preferably caster) sugar
    175g – margarine (melted in a microwave and mixed in)
    325/350g – self raising flour
    1tsp – cinnamon
    1tsp – vanilla
    3x – large eggs
    pinch – salt
    175ml – milk

1) mix all gradually into a bowl (try to melt the marshmallows in to the mix in the early stages)
    2) put in muffin pouches and put in oven set to standard 180 degrees Celsius
    3) leave for 10-15 mins until the muffins when stabbed with a knife, the knife is clean.
    4) enjoy your muffins :)

44. Alisa@Tenml on June 16, 2014 at 11:37 pm

That just looks great, gluten free or not! Thanks for sharing all of the recipes.

45. lexi on July 22, 2014 at 7:11 am

looks good!

46. youtube.com on August 11, 2014 at 12:20 am

Yes! Finally something about boom Beach hack.

47. https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=xOePU9StNVU on August 21, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be
    acquainted with afterward you can write otherwise it is complicated
    to write.

48. compensation for clinical negligence on August 21, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Excellent blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform
    like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused ..
    Any recommendations? Bless you!

49. http://silveriraco.blog.com/ on August 21, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I think this is one of the most vital info for me. Andd i am glad reading your article.
    But should remark oon some general things, Thee web site style
    is wonderful, the articles is really excellent :
    D. Good job, cheers

50. Youtu.be on August 21, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images
    aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.