35 Awesome Halloween Recipes

Photo from The Pensblog

Halloween is one week from today, are you ready?! I feel the same way I always feel when Halloween is approaching… meh. For as much as I love Christmas, I have about the opposite level of enthusiasm towards Halloween. I think I ceased trick-or-treating after 5th grade, I hate scary movies, I’ve never been inspired to come up with creative costumes and go to parties… you get the idea. The upside to Halloween is, of course, the candy! I’m never one to turn down candy. Also, Pittsburgh Penguin-themed carved pumpkins. I am toying with the notion of carving a pumpkin just to try this (and to toast the pumpkin seeds – that was always my favorite part when I was a kid).

Otherwise, I’m decidedly ho-hum about the holiday. And you’ve probably noticed I’m not your go-to person for lots of creative, spooky and ghoulish food treats for Halloween parties. But because I love you so much, I went out and found a ton of really creative ones that caught my eye and that I thought you might like, and pulled them all together here. I can’t have you scrambling for Halloween recipes! I hope you have fun browsing through the list, and that you find some great ideas for your Halloween festivities; there are a lot of fun, creative treats.

How about you? Do you celebrate Halloween? (Am I the only one that doesn’t?) Have a costume lined up for this year? Doing things with your kids? I’d love to hear your plans!

1. Batty Battenburg Cake (Sprinkle Bakes)
2. Black Widow Chocolate Rum Cupcakes (6 Bittersweets)
3. Bloody Halloween Herbal Cranberry Punch (Suzie The Foodie)
4. Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites (Love Veggies & Yoga)
5. Cheesecake Brownie Tombstones (Delicieux)
6. Cheese Monsters (Cute Food For Kids)
7. Chocolate Fudge Cake with Ghost Meringues (The Pastry Affair)
8. Chocolate Halloween Bark (livelovepasta)
9. Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes (Skinnytaste)
10. Death by Chocolate (Cuisine Paradise)
11. Dirt Cake (So Very Blessed…)
12. Frankenstein Brownies (Mama Grubbs Grub)
13. Ghoulish Green Punch (Sprinkle Bakes)
14. Halloween Black Forest Cake (Delicieux)
15. Halloween Ghost Meringue Cookies (The Secret Life of a Chef’s Wife)
16. Halloween Mini Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecakes (Yummy Mummy)
17. Halloween Mummy Cookies (Cookin’ Canuck)
18. Halloween Oreos (livelovepasta)
19. Homemade Caramel Apples (Brown Eyed Baker)
20. Jack-o’-Lantern Pumpkin Nutella Cakes (Kirbie’s Cravings)
21. Meringue Bones (food + words)
22. Mummy Dogs (livelovepasta)
23. Oreo Cakester Bat and Spider Pops (the decorated cookie)
24. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Brown Eyed Baker)
25. Pumpkin Head Relish Tray (CouponClippingCook)
26. Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies (Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
27. Severed Fingers (The Peach Kitchen)
28. Spiderweb Cupcakes (Taste and Tell)
29. Spooky Spider Chocolate Truffles (cooking on the weekends)
30. Spooky Spiderweb Brownie Bites (The Family Kitchen)
31. Spooky Zombie Cupcakes (Cute Food For Kids)
32. Stabbed Cupcakes (The Peach Kitchen)
33. Sugar and Spice Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Hot Polka Dot)
34. Topsy Turvy Mummy Cake (These Peas are Hollow)
35. Witch’s Fingers (Magda’s cauldron)

37 Responses to “35 Awesome Halloween Recipes”

1. Lindsay Ann on October 24, 2011 at 12:14 am

Cute round up! Check out our blog for more fun Halloween recipes and edible craft tutorials: http://blog.dollhousebakeshoppe.com/search/label/10%20halloween

2. Xiaolu/6Bittersweets on October 24, 2011 at 12:18 am

Thanks for including my black widow cupcakes — an honor to be among these other amazing ideas!

3. CouponClippingCook on October 24, 2011 at 12:25 am

Thank you so much for including my Pumpkin Head Relish Tray. I’m going to bookmark your post so I can see each and every one of these fun and creative ideas! Have a great week!

4. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga on October 24, 2011 at 3:18 am

Thank you so much, Michelle, for including me and my Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites. I’m honored to be on your Best Of list. Wow, thank you!

Everything else looks so good that I don’t even know what to make first…maybe YOUR pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yum :)

5. Choc Chip Uru on October 24, 2011 at 3:21 am

How is Halloween ever supposed to be scary? All I can think about are these amazing cute treats!

6. Tiffany on October 24, 2011 at 3:22 am

Thank you thank you so much for including my cheese monster ^,^

7. Amy K on October 24, 2011 at 5:33 am

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that’s ho-hum about Halloween. I see the adorable Halloween things on the internet, but I don’t oohh & ahhh over them, and tend to have the “I’m so over Halloween” attitude by the beginning of October. My husband takes the kids trick-or-treating, because he really enjoys it.
    At any rate, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and family time.

8. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on October 24, 2011 at 9:03 am

I totally feel the same way you feel about Halloween. So many people make big deals about it, it’s just another day for me. I will still carve my pumpkin and roast my seeds, but other then that, that’s about it. I may make a Halloween treat for the office, just because I like to decorate with sprinkles. Thanks for searching out the sites for us!!!

9. Maria on October 24, 2011 at 10:16 am

I’m so making a ton for my party!!!

10. Amber, RD on October 24, 2011 at 10:21 am

It’s refreshing to hear someone else is less than excited about Halloween. I think I also stopped caring in elementary school. As far as costumes, I usually dress up as my evil twin who looks exactly like me in all ways possible. :)
    The only part of Halloween I am looking forward to is making cute Halloween themed sugar cookies for my neighbors this week!
    I will also say that my heart skipped a beat when I saw you were posting 35 recipes. I am seriously addicted to collecting recipes and you are not helping me in my rehab process. ;)

11. Katrina on October 24, 2011 at 11:00 am

Well thanks so much for going out of your way to find some spooky treats! I opened pretty much every site and have bookmarked a few for my own baking! :)

12. Mercedes (Satisfy My Sweet Tooth) on October 24, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful Halloween ideas!

13. Julie @SavvyEats on October 24, 2011 at 11:28 am

I’m not all that into Halloween, either… except for all the pumpkin goodies! And fresh cider. And mulled cider.

That really just means I’m into October, doesn’t it? Not Halloween.

14. kirbie on October 24, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Thank you for including my Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin nutella cakes! I feel so honored to be on your list

15. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on October 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm

These all look so awesome! Will have to try some…

16. Fran @ www.fransfavs.com on October 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Oh, I’ve always loved October and Halloween. My birthday is two days before, and my mom would have a Halloween-themed birthday party for me. My guests and I would get to wear our costumes at least twice that week. We’d dunk for apples–and whoever got the apple with the quarter in it was the big prize winner! I guess my mom wasn’t too worried about anyone swallowing coins! This weekend I made witch finger cookies for a Halloween pot luck lunch at work, and they were a big hit. I’ve posted them on my site today: http://www.fransfavs.com/2011/10/halloween-witch-finger-cookies/ I also made some candy corn cookies (cute!) which I’ll post tonight if I’m not too tired. Happy Halloween, everyone!

17. wendyb964 on October 24, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I’m so glad you have the same take on Halloween that I do: when my boys were young coincided with the scare about razor blades in apples, potential poisoning and other malicious stunts. It does nothing but make money. Heck, I’d rather start decorating for Thanksgiving/Christmas come Labor Day. Thanks so much for your “favorites” and “best/most liked” recipes as they are wonderful compilations. (P.S. You can keep all the candy corn and Peeps in the world, lol.)

18. candace grubbs on October 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm

ahh thank you for listing my brownies i’m so excited right now!!

19. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. on October 24, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I love all of the recipes you posted!! So much fun! I recently made witch fingers too, but mine are savory – spicy cheddar! http://eat-drink-love.com/2011/10/13/spicy-cheddar-witch-fingers/

20. Magda's Cauldron on October 24, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Thank you for including my cookies recipe.
    For me Halloween is so unusual holiday. We don’t celebrate it in Poland, but now while I live in Ireland I’m looking forward to see the Halloween’s madness.

21. Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot on October 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks so much for including me, Michelle! Looks like I’m in great company! :)

22. Kelly @ livelovepasta on October 24, 2011 at 8:48 pm

All these Halloween recipes look fun and delicious. Can’t wait to try the caramel apples (especially because ours didn’t turn out!!) and mummy cupcakes too. Thanks Michelle, for including our recipes!!!

23. Melinda on October 24, 2011 at 8:55 pm

If I didn’t have kids, Halloween probably wouldn’t excite me too much (though I do love a good scary movie). So I look forward to seeing my boys dress up every year. We don’t focus much on the candy part, because my youngest has food allergies, but we have a lot of fun with everything else.

24. Karen on October 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I could have written your first paragraph…well, up to the part about the Pittsburgh Penguins. I’ve apparently finally rubbed off on my girls, too, as this year they’re not interested either.

I don’t even want to carve a pumpkin for the seeds. I just hack them up, cook them, then roast the seeds and freeze the pulp. Works for me!

But since you also share my love of Christmas, I can’t wait to see what you post as that season approaches.

25. Christina @ Sweet Peas Kitchen on October 24, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Thanks so much for including my Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies in your roundup! So many yummy recipes….I don’t know which one to try first! :) Those Homemade Caramel Apples are calling my name! ;)

26. Rebecca Hoey on October 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I’m with you. I don’t like Halloween at all! My kids never have creepy costumes, I don’t hang cobwebs (gack), and disgusting “treats” make my skin crawl. You won’t find any slime or eyeballs in my cookie jar. We do sugar cookie pumpkins here, and hold out for Thanksgiving–my favorite holiday of the year!

27. sherry on October 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your website! Thank you for all the Halloween websites. Wish I had seen this before I decided what I was going to make for my grandson’s pre-school. I am so excited to see what you come up with for Christmas, MY favorite holiday!! Thank you for showing me possibilities I never knew existed!

28. Deborah on October 25, 2011 at 12:08 am

Great roundup!! Thanks for including my cupcakes. Off to check out some of these other links!

29. Kara on October 25, 2011 at 9:24 am

Thanks so much for including us in your Halloween round-up! We love your blog!!

30. Amber, RD on October 25, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I just posted some pumpkin shaped pumpkin spiced crispy rice treats. They are an easy and tasty festive treat! http://thefoodierd.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-spiced-crispy-rice-treats.html.

31. Becky on October 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Wow! Thank you so much for including me in your roundup! That was so kind of you!

32. Jennifer (Delicieux) on October 26, 2011 at 2:01 am

What a fantastic and inspiring collection of ideas for Halloween!!! There are so many fun and delicious treats there. Thank you so much for including my Black Forest Cake and Cheesecake Brownie Tombstones. I feel so honoured to be included in this list. Thank you.

33. Ellena | Cuisines Paradise on October 26, 2011 at 4:30 am

Thanks for including my “Death By Chocolate” in your Halloween Recipes list :) Every those links listed are so awesome!!!!

34. tammy on October 26, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Such a funny post! Always love your stuff and so grateful to have our ghosts included in this fabulous collection of Halloween goodies! Thanks a ton! I’ll just bypass Halloween and say: Happy Thanksgiving! Make lots of pie!

35. Valentina on October 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Many thanks for the Spooky Spider Chocolate Truffle love! I appreciate it! :-)

36. Amber, RD on October 31, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I made another Halloween worthy treat with Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows. This time I made them into round pumpkins filled with maple cheesecake. A perfect last minute Halloween treat!

37. Stephen on October 5, 2013 at 8:19 am

Very nice recipes! I’m sure my mom will make some awesome stuff this Halloween!