20 Festive Cinco de Mayo Recipes

It’s that time of year again! You know, May 5th, Cinco de Mayo… the day that makes it perfectly acceptable to consume nothing but chips, salsa, guacamole, and margaritas for all the live long day. Quite a lovely foodie holiday, isn’t it? I’ve wrangled together a list of 20 recipes that are perfect for celebrating this very festive Mexican holiday. From appetizers, to dinner, and dessert, you’re covered. Be sure to check back throughout the week as well; I have a few more Cinco de Mayo-themed recipes to share with you in anticipation of Saturday! Enjoy!

Appetizers

16. Wendy’s Copycat Chili

Dessert

17. Caramel-Topped Flan
18. Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares
19. Margarita Cupcakes
20. Tres Leches Cake

What are some of your favorite things to make for Cinco de Mayo??

11 Responses to “20 Festive Cinco de Mayo Recipes”

1. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on April 30, 2012 at 1:14 am

I can’t believe it’s almost May already! I am gonna try the margarita cupcakes :)

2. Nancy @ CouponClippingCook on April 30, 2012 at 2:18 am

wow, that is such a pretty picture of the Margarita Cupcake. I can’t wait to look at every recipe on this post!

3. Erika - The Teenage Taste on April 30, 2012 at 7:05 am

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh! Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays just because of the food – I love Mexican!

4. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on April 30, 2012 at 7:29 am

I love reading material you provide me while I am at work!! I love all of your recipes, I can’t wait to go through each of them.

5. Kate on April 30, 2012 at 10:16 am

That is one great list! This morning my sweet tooth is acting up so I am ready for those beautiful Margarita Cupcakes…dessert first, you know!

6. Catalina @ Cake with Love on April 30, 2012 at 12:15 pm

So many great recipes to choose from!! But the margarita cupcakes may be my favorite!

7. Katharine on April 30, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I just made the thick and hearty chili last week…..SO GOOD! It’s my new favorite chili recipe! I’m going to make the seven layer dip for my husband’s Cinco de Mayo potluck on Thursday. :D

8. RisaG on May 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Chili is not really Mexican – it is more Texan than Mexican. If i wasn’t making Arroz Con Pollo (which is more Spanish than Mexican), I would make enchiladas. I made them a couple of years ago for my son’s Spanish class but at that time he wouldn’t eat them. I think the teachers ate them, not the kids. Last year I sent some Arroz Con Pollo and it was a hit. I am using a different recipe this time, with more chile powder in it, more Mexican Oregano to season it differently. It was a hit last year. Thanks for the whole list of recipes.

9. CJ at Food Stories on May 3, 2012 at 1:58 pm

What a great roundup … I want to make them all :-)

10. Amanda on May 4, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I’m new to your blog and loving it! :) Making the margarita cupcakes for a party tomorrow night!

11. RisaG on May 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm

In the last week I have made guacamole, Arroz Grandioso (a rice casserole with chiles, tomatoes and I added chicken), fish tacos, and chicken with a Mexican chile sauce. I am all Cinco’d out! Love it.